Sunday night burger for one

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Mrs. Thillin headed to Gulfport for the week with our boy. So, I'll be cooking for one all week. After the sun started getting low in the sky, I drug out the Smokey Joe and knocked all the ash and dust out of it. I started late cause it hit 104 today. I picked up a 1/2 pound jalapeno/cheddar burger patty from Central Market earlier. I lit a 1/2 chimney of Rancher and let it start ashing over and dumped it in the grill. The burger patty got some wooster sauce, s&p and D.L. Jardine's steak seasoning. Threw the patty on the hot grate and got a good sear before flipping. Grilled till internal was about 150 and added 2 slices of Vermont cheddar, covered for a minute, and removed. I grilled the bun over the coals and assembled the burger. Added 3 slices of bacon, pickles and 2 slices of red onion. Side of potatoe salad and I'm ready for a nap.

Attachments

• IMG_2462.JPG
    IMG_2462.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2464.JPG
    IMG_2464.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 204
man, and i thought i liked onions!! lol! looks awesome though!

I forgot how hot the top vent gets on the Smokey Joe. My left thumb is branded enough to alter my fingerprints.:eek:

Try the Market Street stuff.

Looked good Ty.... I been cooking for one all week myself. Kids are at their grandmothers in E.TX and wife is trying a new menu. I have been building Dagwoods all week. Had four of them yesterday. I also have been eating omelets for breakfast. Putting everything in them that is leftovers not considered to risky to eat. Before the kids left, they made a pan of french fries, didn't eat them, and those have been my base for the omelets.

That sure beats sliders from White Castle!!!

That just made me hungry, it looks great! I love cookig for one no one complaining because the food isn't done yet.

I really shouldn't read this site until I've eaten....

Ty, you're killing me!!!

Why after all the briskts, ribs, chicken, and other foods I have cooked in the smoker, do I love a grilled homemafe burger the most. That looks good

do I love a grilled homemafe burger the most.

Yep, Homemafe's get my vote too.

I like to cook them offset in the kettle using mostly hickory chunks. Slightly smoked homemafe's in about 30 minutes are awesome!

Back