New to the forum

SmokinM

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Good morning and justvwanted to say I'm so glad to have stumbled onto this website. I just purchased a Weber 22.5 gold series after reading all the positive reviews from the Wal-Mart website. Curious to know what y'all thought about them and how they cook up smoked ribs and chickens? Of course I will be grilling some thick cuts of steak as well.

If you want post a picture of your setup as well.

Thanks

Last edited:
The Weber will hold the fuel and you can light it. From there it's all up to the pit master. Welcome. :becky:

Webers-R-Great, you are gonna love it and the grub you produce! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Forum:clap2:. The weber is a great product, you'll be amazed what you can do with it, and you'll find plenty of ideas and help from the fine folks around here!

KC

Weber makes a great product and has awesome customer service (in my experience). I don't have the gold, but have been thinking about getting one. Several people here have them.

I have a Weber Smokey Mountain and love it.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good stuff here!

Welcome! The Weber is one of the all-time greatest do-it-all cookers. Do some searches here and check out how members do indirect cooking, high-temp cooks for pizza and steak, etc. The biggest tip I can give is to buy a chimney starter and stay away from lighter fluid.

Beer can chicken on my 22 1/2" OTG:
beercanchicken201.jpg

Welcome to the best BBQ forum.....and the Weber 22.5 grill is (in my opinion) an absolute MUST in your arsenal :biggrin1:

Several people here have them.

That may be the greatest understatement in the history of mankind! :laugh:

I have an extensive WSM collection, so I have never tried to cook ribs on a kettle, though others have.

It is difficult to imagine not having a Weber kettle in my arsenal.

great choice ! but you need to do a whole heck of a lot of reading to catch up !
but it does look like you got the indirect method wired.

I have my kitchen all tore up as we speak and my webber is working overtime! The whole family loves grilled and smoked food!
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I'm already loving this place and the food on the forum is always looking good and making me hungry. Gonna have a lot of questions but will do a lot of reading in the meantime as well.

Back