Snowy Brisket...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I went out this morning to fire up the Egg to throw on a brisket and it was frozen shut... Tossed a few fire starters down the hatch and warmed things up and finally got the lid open... It started snowing about 30 minutes before this was taken...

49FCFFBB-D140-45F2-82FA-D4342CB3FF6B-7737-0000072344A9AF42.jpg

Rubbed the brisket down with some Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow over RO lump charcoal with some cherry chunks. Cooked it in the 275 - 300 range.

Paired it with a side of no boil mac and cheese...

D1B413F7-30A8-4A77-9D7F-838EC4C01994-7737-0000072198638CED.jpg

In the words of Big Al - this didn't suck!

:whoo:!!

I'd hit that!

Do you think a propane torch around the lid a couple of times would have helped?

Smoker frozen shut - that is funny! I've had to shovel 2' deep snow out around my drum, but haven't had it frozen shut -yet.

Brisket looks great. :thumb:

What a great day. I plan on ribs in snow on Monday.

"You don't win friends with salad!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good. what is no boil mac n cheese

Looks awesome. Tell us more about this Mac and cheese please!

Easiest mac & cheese I have ever made... this is now my go to mac and cheese. I eye ball everything but the milk - I measure out 5 cups...
I use less butter, and more mac and cheeses...

Basic recipe:

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 stick butter
12 ounces yellow cheddar cheese
4 Ozs. mozzarella cheese
5 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
Pre heat oven 350,
Layer macaroni, butter, and cheese in the order given in a 9-by-13 dish. Pour milk over the top layer. Bake 1 hr. do not cover.
To prevent this dish from becoming too brown and crusty, cover with foil for the last 15 min. of baking.

Yumma yumma! Great smoke ring there too! My wife just made a mac n cheese like that the other day and I was surprised by how much I liked it! Yours looks great too!

Great lookin' grub there. I had to fire up some coals on my Weber just last night to thaw out the vents as they were frozen shut, lol.

Great looking cook!

Adding that Mac-n-Cheese recipe to my growing list of "must try" recipes.

Brisket and Mac-n-Cheese go together like peas and carrots.

Looks mighty fine LM!........but I don't think you got your fair share of snow yet.

Back