MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default rub company tri-tip and vegetables

i was lucky enough to get in on a free sample of the rub co. barbecue rub from ryan (thanks ryan!) and i decided to use it tonight with a nice tri-tip and i've got some vegetables to go along with it.

this is the first time i got a tri-tip that actually looks like most of the ones i see posted here. i'm guessing maybe the butcher is not from here... hahahaha.....

i'll post more pictures after i cook it all tonight.

once again, thanks ryan. i'm looking forward to trying your product for the first time!

thanks for looking!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
deguerre

We did The Rub Co.'s Santa Maria on rib-eyes last night and it ROCKED!!! You really need to order the 4 pack now.

Can't wait to see what your BGE does with this feast!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
We did The Rub Co.'s Santa Maria on rib-eyes last night and it ROCKED!!! You really need to order the 4 pack now.

Can't wait to see what your BGE does with this feast!

i tasted a pinch of this and i really like it. i wish i had some of the santa maria. i do need to get an order in. i hear too many good things not to add them to the "arsenal".

Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
i tasted a pinch of this and i really like it. i wish i had some of the santa maria. i do need to get an order in. i hear too many good things not to add them to the "arsenal".
Yep. I've tasted all of them. My Favorites are the Santa Maria, original and Comp. Heck, I like the BBQ too. They're ALL good.

Oh, BTW, I'm ALSO 5'5". Welcome to the can't find pants that fit my leg length club!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog

Old 06-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
deepsouth

Quote:
Oh, BTW, I'm ALSO 5'5". Welcome to the can't find pants that fit my leg length club!

hahaha. oh yeah, it's a total pain in the ass.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

I'm sorry, but the grain direction, or lack of a pronounced grain, and overall visual texture does not look like tri-tip at all. Maybe a less than select TT. It looks too lean.

I'm sure it'll taste great, but it really does look like some other cut off the sirloin.

I've had that happen to me several times down here in Austin, where I'll ask a so called butcher if he can get me a TT, he goes in the back, cuts something up, and brings it out, I'm looking at him wierd, and saying "that's not a Tri-Tip, he swears up and down it is, but it's really not.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post
I'm sorry, but the grain direction, or lack of a pronounced grain, and overall visual texture does not look like tri-tip at all. Maybe a less than select TT. It looks too lean.

I'm sure it'll taste great, but it really does look like some other cut off the sirloin.

I've had that happen to me several times down here in Austin, where I'll ask a so called butcher if he can get me a TT, he goes in the back, cuts something up, and brings it out, I'm looking at him wierd, and saying "that's not a Tri-Tip, he swears up and down it is, but it's really not.

it's mississippi. i'm sure it's a sub-par tri-tip.

:kicksrock:

Old 06-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post

cooked properly and this was probably the toughest steak i have ever eaten that i can remember. it looked good, and the seasoning was fantastic, but that's where it stopped....

Old 06-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
deguerre

Odd...it even LOOKS tough.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
HB-BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Good looking food...sorry it came out tough. That roast looks like the top part of the sirloin and not the bottom where the tri-tip comes from. I sure wish there was an easy and cheap way to ship tri-tips so we could hook you guys up.

Quote:
Yep. I've tasted all of them. My Favorites are the Santa Maria, original and Comp. Heck, I like the BBQ too. They're ALL good.
I agree and the SM has been a main staple in our house for a while now. We use it on steaks, TT, taters and burgers...it's a great thing!
HB-BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB-BBQ View Post
Good looking food...sorry it came out tough. That roast looks like the top part of the sirloin and not the bottom where the tri-tip comes from. I sure wish there was an easy and cheap way to ship tri-tips so we could hook you guys up.

I agree and the SM has been a main staple in our house for a while now. We use it on steaks, TT, taters and burgers...it's a great thing!

$6.99/lb to boot.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
Phubar

Nice colours on that plate!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim

Not sure what cut that is, but I don't think it's a tri-tip at all. Sorry you weren't please with the results, hopefully better luck next time.
SM BGE
Weber 26" & JJ
Blackstone 36" & 22"
Brick Santa Maria Pit
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim

Quote:

Oh, BTW, I'm ALSO 5'5".

You better start finishing all the vegetables on your plate
SM BGE
Weber 26" & JJ
Blackstone 36" & 22"
Brick Santa Maria Pit
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
Beerbecue
Full Fledged Farker

It seems that there are a lot of those false tri tip roasts back east.
Beerbecue is offline   Reply With Quote