Pork Tenderloin - 2 ways! w/ PRON

TrueBlueEagle

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Had a coupon from the Nat'l BBQ Cup that was for any Smithfield Product. Normally not a fan of meat that's been injected or marinaded from a factory, but figured I'd give it a shot. I picked up the garlic and herb pork tenderloin and opened when I brought it home. It actually smelled really good. Basically just an italian dressing with extra garlic and parsley. I cut it in half and trimmed the fat off ( what little was left). One half I decided not to change any, and other other half I cut/unrolled/flattened, spread some plowboy's yardbird, cream cheese, and spinach. Rolled it up, threw it on the Akorn around 300*F and pulled them both around 150*F. I assumed the rolled one would cook quicker and had my temp probe in it, when it hit 140, I took it out and put the probe in the solid one I didnt tamper with and it was at 150! I'm not sure why it cooked quicker, but oh well. Tented it with foil and finished the spinach rolled one off. Let rest, and served. Here's the proof:

Also-picked up the spinach recipe/idea of a guy from another forum. Gotta give credit where credit is due!

Attachments

• yje6e2aj.jpg
    yje6e2aj.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 117
  • u6y8e4am.jpg
    u6y8e4am.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 117
Looks tasty to me, but what did you think of them?

Looks tasty to me, but what did you think of them?

I enjoyed them! The spinach one was kinda a let down. I think I should've used fresh spinach or something. I just used a can of the Popeye's spinach and didnt enjoy it very much. The meat was still good, but even eating some of the spinach that fell out of the side wasnt good.

Next time I'm thinking I'll just use bacon and feta instead of spinach. :icon_bigsmil

I enjoyed them! The spinach one was kinda a let down. I think I should've used fresh spinach or something. I just used a can of the Popeye's spinach and didnt enjoy it very much. The meat was still good, but even eating some of the spinach that fell out of the side wasnt good.

Next time I'm thinking I'll just use bacon and feta instead of spinach. :icon_bigsmil
About the only thing that canned/frozen spinach is good for is a spinach dip, IME. I think that would have been great with fresh spinach!

Of course your other plan sounds great, too! :wink:

I agree with the others on the fresh spinach. Did one a few weeks ago with onion, mushroom, garlic,fresh spinach and some kind of goat cheese. Delicious.

Back