• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Kettle Ash Tool

Learnin Querve

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The last time I used the Weber, it started to rain hard just as I was finishing cooking. I slapped the lid on, closed the vents, and went in the house. Shame on me, I went inside and forgot about it. I went to use it tonight and found it with a fair amount of ash in the kettle bowl, most of it wet.

Looking for something to scoop it out with, and I opened the recycle bin and had an idea. With an empty salad dressing bottle, a knife, a pair of scissors, and about 5 minutes time, I came up with this. Works great.

Chris

Attachments

• shot1.JPG
    shot1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 276
  • shot2.JPG
    shot2.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 277
  • shot3.JPG
    shot3.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 274
  • shot4.JPG
    shot4.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 274
  • shot5.jpg
    shot5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 275
Now thats cool!! and better yet CHEAP!!

I do that with the 5 gallon plastic ones, slap a broom handle on it...

Good idea. Do you stick to expiration date?
attachment.php

Ahhh crap... good chance the neighbor's gonna find me going through his trash tonight... again. Theres always this uncomfortable silence while I try to look like I'm NOT going thru his trash... :rolleyes:

Great Idea bro! I'll be putting that to use!

I use a paint scraper and scoop it up with a paper plate! Now I have an ash pan so need to crawl in that drum anymore!!

I use a milk gallon jug with the same cut out it holds a lot and lasts a couple months and its not like I run out of milk gallon jugs if you know what I mean. Innovating to the task brings a good feeling to all

I cut a "scoop" out of the top part of plastic milk jugs. Works fine and costs $0

Ahhh crap... good chance the neighbor's gonna find me going through his trash tonight... again. Theres always this uncomfortable silence while I try to look like I'm NOT going thru his trash... :rolleyes:

Yeah, especially since in Montana, you've gotta walk the length of 3 football fields to get to his garbage can, eh?

i have several that i made years ago out of whiskey bottles. the bottles i used had a curve on one side similar to a flask design. works perfectly. thanks for the photos !

Yeah, especially since in Montana, you've gotta walk the length of 3 football fields to get to his garbage can, eh?

Heh, I knew someone would fall for it!! Like we even have trash cans in Montana!
That's what the forest is evidently for... :tsk:

Back