MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Digi
Full Fledged Farker

Default DFW area caterers/vendors/etc questions...

Hey guys just have some simple questions on how to get started in licensing/requirements/etc.

A friend and I have a possibility of serving Q at a local bar, and before we get in too deep, need to know how to get started going legit. Not looking for anything too specific, but rather a direction. I've called the HD and pretty much got the runaround and ended up being hung up on during one of many transfers. Checked the HD website for Dallas county and don't see anything on there about food handlers licenses or anything food related for that matter. If anyone would be willing to discuss things over the phone that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Brian
22.5" Weber OTG - dubbed "Little Bit"
[/COLOR]
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
thillin
somebody shut me the fark up.

It depends on where you want to operate. If Garland, check if Garland has a HD. If not, then check if Dallas County HD covers Garland. If not, then it's goes to the State Comptroller. I'm working with Tarrant County in Keller. But after I'm certified by the county, I'm not covered in Ft Worth. Ft Worth HD is way more strict. Trailer has to be commercial made to spec. But local HD over rules county or state. You will most likely need a food handlers and food managers certs.

Once you find who covers your area, contact them and request modile food kitchen requirements. You most likely will need a commissary kitchen as well.
Mini BGE-adopted 1/31/08 CL Score
Traeger 075-adopted 12/3/11 CL Score
Weber 1 touch CL Score
Weber Spirit 500 CL Score
Weber Smokey Joe Silver CL Score
BLUE & RED Thermapens
Klose 20x42-SOLD

Paddlin Pigs BBQ
Ty
thillin is offline   Reply With Quote