Butcher bbq injection

ANybody ever inject brisket with this stuff?

I think I've only injected a brisket or two in all the time I've done them. Never used that stuff. But it would be interesting to see what's in it.
Probably no different than putting in garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and other fine powdered spices into some apple juice then injecting.

I think I've only injected a brisket or two in all the time I've done them. Never used that stuff. But it would be interesting to see what's in it.
Probably no different than putting in garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and other fine powdered spices into some apple juice then injecting.

It's totally different than spices. This is the product being marketed as an alternative to FAB. This new product may not be exact, but I believe it is very similar.

FAB B Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.
Here's a link to the Roadmap regarding FAB
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245012&postcount=32

I have heard from a few folks that have used it and have been pleased with the results.

Not the same at all. The primary active ingredient is Sodium Phosphate. The purpose is to retain moisture.

I'll pass thank you! I'm going to stick with beef broth and spices.

It's totally different than spices. This is the product being marketed as an alternative to FAB. This new product may not be exact, but I believe it is very similar.

FAB B Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.
Here's a link to the Roadmap regarding FAB
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245012&postcount=32

Doesn't sound like something I want to inject anything with. Aside from retaining moisture, what kind of flavor, if any is it supposed to leave?

Not the same at all. The primary active ingredient is Sodium Phosphate. The purpose is to retain moisture.

Bingo. Phosphates sort of take the muscle back to its original form as a live animal. Phosphates are lost through rigor, and when you restore that level, the meat will accept and retain moisture.

A pit master I have a lot of respect for visited with me after trying this product. Increased moisture was the main advantage in his eyes.

I'll pass thank you! I'm going to stick with beef broth and spices.
Yea, I may be with you on this fox. Kinda scary of some of the stuff coming out.:| This stuff is supposed to be about better flavors but it kinda makes me unconfortable to eat. Just my $.02.

I have used it.... I think it works just dandy! And great price too.....

I have used it on my last 2 practice briskets and the results are amazing. I looked over the ingredients and its very similiar to FAB B. I had never injected a brisket before this so I really cant tell you if I would have had the same results with out it.

Back