Saturday's Smoke: Beef Ribs, Chicken & More (Pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So Saturday was the bigger cook day this weekend. Had some family over. I saw some beef ribs when I was at Publix. They were only $1.99lb for fresh good looking meat. Normally stuff is a good bit more expensive there, but beef ribs were much cheaper than other local supermarkets. Not sure what other folks pay for beef ribs, but in my area that is pretty good especially because they were pretty meaty for what I normally find.

I did a 3-1.5-1.5 cook on the ribs. I hadn't cook beef ribs in a long time and these were by far my best to date. Not sure if it was because the meat was a better quality or the method I used, but I was really happy with them.

Also smoked a corned beef brisket so I can have pastrami later in the week. I seem to do this weekly now. Then 2 chickens for dinner to go along with the ribs. Also made mac and deviled eggs. I guess you can make deviled eggs the day before Easter right??

Here are the pics........

I brined the chickens for about 6hrs. Forgot to do that the night before, but still worked fine. Also soaked the corned beef for about 8hrs to get some of the salt out. I really don't soak it too long since I like salt :).
IMG_1289.jpg

Put the ribs on and the pastrami was about ready to come off at 150 then into the pressure cooker.
IMG_1290.jpg

Did beer can chickens this time around. Haden't done it in a while and now have no idea if that really makes any difference. I drank about half of each first of course.
IMG_1292.jpg

Here are the chickens violated with the beer cans.
IMG_1293.jpg

Here are the deviled eggs. I use spicy mustard and some sriracha for kick. I started putting bacon and also green onions in them, but didn't have those in there this time.
IMG_1305.jpg

Pastrami done. Had a few small slices, but then in to the fridge for sandwiches this week.
IMG_1295.jpg

Chicken and ribs pretty much done on the smoker.
IMG_1298.jpg

Done chicken. Took about 3hrs smoking around 230ish. Next time when I try them alone I will do a 300 temp cook to try for a crispier skin.
IMG_1300.jpg

Ribs. Mmmmmmmmm
IMG_1299.jpg

Mac n Cheese
IMG_1303.jpg

One of the chickens cut up and took some of the rubbery skin off and the ribs sliced. Made Dr Pepper bbq sauce, which is one of my favorites.
IMG_1302.jpg

nice! i need to try some beef ribs soon..definately like doin my chickens at 325*..but it all looks good.

Done chicken. Took about 3hrs smoking around 230ish. Next time when I try them alone I will do a 300 temp cook to try for a crispier skin.
The ribs also were cooked for this amount of time and temp?
Good Lookin' Cookin'!

Good lookin' Que right there... I don't imagine anyone left hungry with that spread... Cheers!!!

Back