$329 "Performer"-Style Akorn Kamado Sighted

Foxfire

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After the stir created by the Char-Griller Akorn Kamado (fueled by the excellent work of brethren JMSetzer on his Man Cave Meals YouTube reviews), had to share that a new version was just sighted at Home Depot with a Weber Performer style cart for $329. Pic below taken by jrow17 of the kamadoguru forums and reposted with permission. (Forgive invoking another website's name, the news seemed relevant and of interest, and wanted to give credit where due!)

file.php

The cart seems like a nice idea, but I'm more curious if there are other design improvements over former models.

After the stir created by the Char-Griller Akorn Kamado (fueled by the excellent work of brethren JMSetzer on his Man Cave Meals YouTube reviews), had to share that a new version was just sighted at Home Depot with a Weber Performer style cart for $329. Pic below taken by jrow17 of the kamadoguru forums and reposted with permission. (Forgive invoking another website's name, the news seemed relevant and of interest, and wanted to give credit where due!)

file.php

The cart seems like a nice idea, but I'm more curious if there are other design improvements over former models.

Hey Foxfire I'm under Big Dawg over here I just haven't got around to change it. Here's the picture and from the looks of it looks like it has the cast iron top air vent.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358125366.290304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool.

I've learned to really respect kamado cookers.

larger than large might refer to the diameter of a "large" egg. Dunno for sure, just a guess.

Hey Foxfire I'm under Big Dawg over here I just haven't got around to change it. Here's the picture and from the looks of it looks like it has the cast iron top

Dawg! Thanks a ton for bringing this to everyone's attention, great find. :D

I like that a lot, but they need to make a left handed version :)

Maybe it's got a reversable mount! :idea:

What's the grate size?

Took this a while back on a Lowe's display model. I presume it's the same body as the new cart-style, but who knows?

picture.php

Looks like they might also be going after the weber with that 329$ price on a knockoff performer.

Has anyone seen this brown color kamado- kinda cool. Wonder if the cart model will have multiple colors or just Ford Model T Black.

http://www.meijer.com/s/char-griller-kamado-kooker-charcoal-grill-and-smoker-brown/_/R-202682

See, that makes me wonder if the "standard" Akorn might start being discounted soon. a $30 price difference between it and the Performer version doesn't really differentiate them very much... you'd think the table space would command more of a price point compared to the old version.

I'm pretty sure there were 2 standard models- the one sold at lowe's, and the ones sold at menard's, meijer,etc. The ones sold at meijer and Menard's were always around 250-280, while the lowe's model was pretty much set at 300, IIRC.

This is such a silly question, but does anybody know what color the Performer version is? I know they make black, red, and brown and they tend to distinguish between the models based on color a little bit. Anybody get a peak at it yet?

This is such a silly question, but does anybody know what color the Performer version is? I know they make black, red, and brown and they tend to distinguish between the models based on color a little bit. Anybody get a peak at it yet?

Probably just black, but it might be cool if they had colors. Read my previous post. I think the all black one sold at lowe's was supposedly the better of the two (or more) models.

Back