Q trip to Snows and Mueller

KingRanch450

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Went to see my Dad for his 70th and he wanted to go the cattle sale barn in Lexington and my immediate thought was Snows! I told him no way we would get in as we were going to late but we'd at least see it. Got there....no lines, no people...WTH?

After we headed to Taylor for Louie Mueller....great scene, great Q, true central Tx brisket....salt/pepper...heavy on the pepper!

Attachments

• snows.jpg
    snows.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 125
  • snows 2.jpg
    snows 2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 124
  • snows 3.jpg
    snows 3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 124
  • Mueller.jpg
    Mueller.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Mueller 2.jpg
    Mueller 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 122
Ate at Louie Mueller's on Saturday also. We were second in line. Ordered a dino rib, two jalapeño sausages and two pork ribs along with a couple of sides and two Big Red's. The beef rib was out of this world, of course, and the other was excellent.

Been to Snows's, Luling City Market, Blacks, Smitty's and Kreuz. Out of that group, my favorite is Louie Mueller's followed closely with Snow's.

I’ve often wondered if the legendary long lines sold out by 1pm keeps a lot of people from even attempting. I reckon being totally closed has the same effect. I’m not a great dine out person but I have eaten at three of Texas Monthly top rated Tyler’s-Pecan Lodge-EvieMaes And Spicy Mike’s an HM. EvieMaes has had the longest lines, maybe 15-20 minutes.
Haven’t been to Austin 500 mi away in a while. Seems like several big boys and smaller players are moving north to metroplex south and SE.

Rib Crib is running an 8.95 monster bbq sandwich with a side. My Bride and I could easily split into a meal for two. I’ve only eaten there once-but it was really good. It’s less than 1/2 mile away.

Eating out-in general seems to be going hotter than hell as ever. Some of the big chains are empty-or at least plenty of parking. Burger joints are always busy.
Maybe it’s the lure of fries.

Most of the food I see on here looks as good or better than what I’ve had in restaurants. There are some awesome cooks here.

Another observation- fusion bbq-TexMex BBQ- sauces where before there were none- beef and ribs where once only whole Hog. Times seem to be changing- slowly though

Last edited:
The line at Louie Mueller was about 15-20 minutes....the side of the restaurant where you order and can sit was hot...probably 90 degrees...like walking into a sauna. We sat in the other room and it was comfortable. Brisket was great, beer was cold and the cobbler and ice cream was awesome!

So sorry you missed Snow's. I was there with Frognot earlier this year and then headed to Mueller's for second lunch. As I recall we both thought the bbq at Mueller's was a step up from Snow's on that day, but both were outstanding. Congrats to Tootsie! What an honor! I'd love to give that trip another go!

The line at Louie Mueller was about 15-20 minutes....the side of the restaurant where you order and can sit was hot...probably 90 degrees...like walking into a sauna. We sat in the other room and it was comfortable. Brisket was great, beer was cold and the cobbler and ice cream was awesome!
The day we went it was hot as summer back home in Australia ... there was a girl standing outside who said she was cooling off - it was 101F in the shade!! We just looked at each other, shook our heads and went inside - it was 112F inside Muellers!

Back