Hot and fast brisket

Texan79423

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I have been doing hot and fast briskets at 275 to less than 300. I have been taking them to probe tender mostly @ 195-205. They run right through the stall. All have been good but just curious at what temp others pull them and is carry over heat when resting in a cooler the same as low and slow? What effect final product?

When I cook between 275 and 300 on the stick burner my finishing temp at probe tender is usually around 210* if not a shade higher. Typically cooking prime packers from Costco. The higher the cook temp, the higher the finishing temp is, and smaller the window of doneness is, in my experience. As for carry over heat, the outside of the meat is going to be hotter than if you'd cooked at 225*, so Id say it would be easier to carryover/overshoot the hotter you run the cooker.

Last edited:
300-325 and usually pull around 210-215.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are you guys wrapping the brisket in foil when cooking hot and fast

You never know

I ran my briskets to @ 200-205 internal temps hot at just under 300 degrees. They probed like butter. Pulled and rested in ice chest @ 3 hours. They were just right. Next time I may take them to 210 degrees internal.

Funny thing is I did them for a one of my workers Spanish church group and they chopped /pulled them and slapped them on flour tortillas.

Attachments

• Brisket.JPG
    Brisket.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Hot and fast.jpg
    Hot and fast.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 190
They probed like butter. Pulled and rested in ice chest @ 3 hours. They were just right. Next time I may take them to 210 degrees internal.

Sounds to me like you already pulled those briskets at exactly their right temp.....whatever they were at when probe tender. Just keep doing that regardless of the temp.

203-210* for most of mine, I vent them and hold in a 160* warmer to rest and finish for slicing.

Sounds to me like you already pulled those briskets at exactly their right temp.....whatever they were at when probe tender. Just keep doing that regardless of the temp.

I agree with suds, my last brisket probed tender at 198. The one before that was around 205. Feel is really the best indicator of if it's ready to pull or not.

I agree when the probe tender wiggle like jello they are ready. I have never gone to 210 but may have to see what it does. my low and slow usually come off 195 and less than 200.

Better to probe than cook to temp as point may be 19? and flat 2015. Simply put they are done when they are done. What did we do before we had thermo gauges to confirm what we already knew.

Back