Brisket on the WSM!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey folks! Today was the day to fire up the lawn mower and do some yard work.. Decided it was also the best day to fire up the WSM to cook a brisket! Didn't take any pictures preparing the brisket as I was trying to get started on the yard and forgot!

This is a hour or so in.. Wasn't sure if the brisket would fit on the smoker so I cut off the thinnest part and cooking that on the side! Pit Masters Privilege Treat.

I wanted to cook this brisket low and slow at 250.. but some where during the mowing and past hour.. the WSM shot up to 300 degree's.. I guess this is gonna be almost hot and fast! LOL

vFo7RFGl.jpg

if its just an hour at 300, no worries, shut down 2 of those vents and you have ALLL day to go low and slow.. :)

Looking good

rb

Looks nice. You using water in the pan?

No water in the pan.. and this is only the 3rd cook in the WSM since I gave it a good cleaning.. so It's just a matter of still needing to gunk up.. but its running smooth at 275.. just gonna keep it rolling that way.

if its just an hour at 300, no worries, shut down 2 of those vents and you have ALLL day to go low and slow.. :)

Looking good

rb

Funny thing is.. I had 2 vents completely closed and one almost shut LOL.. but she's rolling just fine at 275!! I'm letting her cook how she wants to!

No water in the pan.. and this is only the 3rd cook in the WSM since I gave it a good cleaning.. so It's just a matter of still needing to gunk up.. but its running smooth at 275.. just gonna keep it rolling that way.

Funny thing is.. I had 2 vents completely closed and one almost shut LOL.. but she's rolling just fine at 275!! I'm letting her cook how she wants to!

Thats something alot of people have to learn.. sometimes you just have to let the pit cook how she like... "Happy pit, happy life"

rb

Brisket turned out nice - how about the yard? Finally a couple of days in a row without rain!

Looks good. The first brisket I ever cooked was on a 18" WSM and it was my best one. Mine would run at about that same temp with two of the lower vents closed and the third one almost closed.

Looks great. My WSM is a little moody. Some days it likes to run at 275, some day's it's 300.

I've learned to just let it do its thing. For the most part :p

Brisket in the smoke and some yard work. Throw in a couple of cold ones and some tunes and you’re livin’ in paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back