The APL wing recipe is AWESOME

TIMMAY

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had been spying the APL wing recipe for quite some time, and finally got to it this weekend. Sorry guys no pron the typhoon was a couple hours away so the wind was pushing 30+ and that sideways rain that everybody just loves. So, I prepped everything, only difference is I used less salt. I love a ton of garlic on my hot wings so I ran 5 cloves (okay, it was more than that) of garlic through the garlic press. The effort to make these was well worth it, everybody loved em! Without a doubt the best wings I have ever had. Everybody felt the same. I made 5lb of wings and those suckers were gone in just a couple minutes.

When I make em again I am going to cut out the salt and see how they taste with only the garlic salt in it. Maybe from there I might cut back the garlic salt and replace with powder.

Sounds great!:cool: Did you get any pics? The Wing Throwdown ends tonight at midnight Central US time, or Monday, August 8, 2011 at 05:00:00 UTC.

Sounds killer. Your certainly feedin' them right over there:clap2::clap2:

Impressive in the face of a typhoon and 30 mph winds and rain. Good thing you aren't closer to border - might start an international incident with the North crossing over to get some of that.

I have tried about 10 recipes from his book, but haven't tried the wings yet. That is probably my fave bbq book ever, his recipes are pretty involved but well worth it.

I believe you. Everything I've made out of Serious BBQ so far has been great. He's great about the whole layering flavors thing.

I've been looking at getting this book, I've wanted to add some bbq books to my library. Its its to try something new once in a while. Glad to here the wings turned out great!

Sounds great!:cool: Did you get any pics? The Wing Throwdown ends tonight at midnight Central US time, or Monday, August 8, 2011 at 05:00:00 UTC.

Well first, I wish I would have payed attention to the TD forum more often, didnt know there was a wing TD! And the weather was (STILL IS ) too crappy for pron.

Those of you guys that love wings and have not tried this one, you really need to cause they are truly amazing. Only drawback to this is everybody EXPECTS greatness from me now cause of the couple recipes that I have tried were awesome!

Back