Rib Question

M

Men-N-Blue BBQ

Has anyone trimmed thier ribs St. Louis stle after there smoked. I just didn't have enough room on the smoker to place the ribs and the trimmings. I'm gonna try to cut them down when I'm finished.

Nope... If I'm cooking more than would normally fit flat, I use a 'Rib Rack' that I found for my weber... Each one holds 4 slabs (or two slabs of ribs and two slabs of tips)...

Cut them down???

Is that like in cut them down to baby backs, or cut them in half length wise?

I take it you want to cut them down so they would be more like baby backs. If so, why not just buy bb's? That is what I do...

If you are meaning cut in half, why not? If you just need the room, cut them, stack them, and every so often, move them around.

i'm meaning cut the excess meat off to make spares St. Louis style.

I've taken off what's above the bone, but haven't trimmed the flap after cooking. It's no big deal, other than it's hot. I do think sometimes that the meat that isn't on/between the bone cooks faster and may be over-done. After the cook, other than for aesthetic reasons do you need to cut them down? Just continue your cut up thru the meat.

I will some time take the tip and use them in tomato sauce(italian mod). You can also roll them up and put them on the smoker i.e. Paul Kirk. They will take up less room.

Back