Sam's Club Membership

D

Derek

After going to sams last night to see if they were a better store then walmarts, miejers old sons, I was surprised they were!

So I'm getting a club account to buy all my char coal & meats needs.

Gotta find out if they sell brown sugar in a 5 gallon container "evilgrin:

After going to sams last night to see if they were a better store then walmarts, miejers old sons, I was surprised they were!

So I'm getting a club account to buy all my char coal & meats needs.

Gotta find out if they sell brown sugar in a 5 gallon container "evilgrin:

lol..Lol.. They do sell brown sugar in a 4lb bag! I get most of my stuff at sams.. Good luck!

Dude you're gonna love it! I always put off getting a membership but now that I have one I wished I would have done it sooner. Great prices on Kingsford and lump. The meat has always been great and they have an awesome selection and good prices. Also check out the spice isle lots of good stuff there. And the take and bake pizzas kick arse too :-D

I found this place near me... rows and rows of whisky, wine, and beer. I asked the guy,

"what do you call this place?"

he said:

"Oh... we just call it the bar."

:shocked:

lol..Lol.. They do sell brown sugar in a 4lb bag! I get most of my stuff at sams.. Good luck!
Nice, because I'm making a SUPER SUPER BIG BATCH of my dr pepper bbq sauce going to use 2 full 2 liters in the mix to show you how much I'll be making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you're gonna love it! I always put off getting a membership but now that I have one I wished I would have done it sooner. Great prices on Kingsford and lump. The meat has always been great and they have an awesome selection and good prices. Also check out the spice isle lots of good stuff there. And the take and bake pizzas kick arse too :-D
Yes I saw that there, but I didn't see the whiskey or the spice isle, I will have to investigate this more!

I found this place near me... rows and rows of whisky, wine, and beer. I asked the guy,

"what do you call this place?"

he said:

"Oh... we just call it the bar."

:shocked:
Haha nice!

The Sam's in our area are carrying the new IBP select spare ribs in three packs. I have a Costco membership, which is fine too but I wish I could get those ribs dangit!

The Sam's in our area are carrying the new IBP select spare ribs in three packs. I have a Costco membership, which is fine too but I wish I could get those ribs dangit!
I saw those at our Sam's, Whats the difference between those and the other ribs you can buy at a meat market ( newbieness showing threw )

We have both Sam's and Costco memberships. Love them!! You will notice that you can get clothes, books, and a lot of household items at great prices too. And if you have kids... wait til Christmas time! You can get some great things besides stuff for Queing. Enjoy!

The quality of their meat is considerably better than Wal-marts. I don't know why that would be, since they are basically the same company, but I while I won't buy meat at Wal-mart, I've never been disappointed with any meat from Sam's.

Last edited:
I always hear people saying "Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, same thing", but that is just not true. The stuff they sell in Wal-Mart is not the same.

Andy, I just got a Costco membership to try them out for a year, and saw a lot of the same stuff but some things that were different and exciting, particularly the Tri-tip. Any pointers for a newbie to a dual Sams/Costco member? Looking to get the best of both worlds basically with as little error in the trial and error as possible.

Chris - a lot of the things are the same, BUT look a bit closer and you will see differences. We have found that Costco is a little bit more expensive but sometimes their product may be up a small notch higher/or slightly different than Sam's, in one way or another. We don't normally buy any comp. meat from Costco, we prefer Sam's. Bottom line is, if you have both, do a little research between the 2 of them and get what works best for you.

Don't forget the aluminum foil and pans for resting/storing/serving. Wal-Mart mostly sells select grade beef while Sam's sells mostly choice grade beef. That is a BIG difference when talking steaks or roasts.

The only problem I have with Sam's is.... I go in there for say, a big container of paper towels and some bottled water and leave with a whole cart load of stuff and about $200 poorer! LOL

Don't forget the aluminum foil and pans for resting/storing/serving. Wal-Mart mostly sells select grade beef while Sam's sells mostly choice grade beef. That is a BIG difference when talking steaks or roasts.
Good to hear and I air rest my meats or is that bad?

Air resting

Setting the meat on a pan & or a plate then resting it for 45 minutes before the first cut!

Cook a Sam's brisket next to a walmart brisket there is a world of difference. Not cooked many walmart briskets. I'm over 10,000 pounds of Sam's brisket.

Chris - a lot of the things are the same, BUT look a bit closer and you will see differences. We have found that Costco is a little bit more expensive but sometimes their product may be up a small notch higher/or slightly different than Sam's, in one way or another. We don't normally buy any comp. meat from Costco, we prefer Sam's. Bottom line is, if you have both, do a little research between the 2 of them and get what works best for you.
Doh!:doh: Kim, sorry about calling you Andy. Please decide to take that as a compliment!:becky:

I haven't price checked yet, just got the membership and did one walk through. The only thing at the meat counter that jumped out at me as any better was having the tri-tip, the butt and briskets did not look as good as Sam's. I guess I skipped over the ribs, I don't remember seeing them but I'm sure they were there!:lol:

There was one thing at Costco I knew would make the membership worthwhile, and that was the Baby Formula. With a newborn here, we will be going through a TON of that, and Costco actually has the exact kind we use, at about a $5 savings per tub over what we would have been paying through Babies-R-Us.

Guess I'll have to make up a couple lists and go through each and compare.

Doh!:doh: Kim, sorry about calling you Andy. Please decide to take that as a compliment!:becky:

I haven't price checked yet, just got the membership and did one walk through. The only thing at the meat counter that jumped out at me as any better was having the tri-tip, the butt and briskets did not look as good as Sam's. I guess I skipped over the ribs, I don't remember seeing them but I'm sure they were there!:lol:

Guess I'll have to make up a couple lists and go through each and compare.
What's tri tip? and what do you do with it?

Concerning the brown sugar, seems like we bought a 25# bag from Sams. We store it in an air tight 5 gallon bucket. In the long run it was much cheaper.

Back