Sous Vide Reverse Sear Backstrap

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
took one of the backstraps from the buck I got with my bow last fall, salt and pepper, and gave it a 2 hour bath in the sous vide at 120. Then, fired up the vortex to give it a bit of char.

UTynEcYl.jpg

9MHRoBJl.jpg

plated up with a mixed veggie dish the Mrs. made, and some broccoli that I roasted in my big farking CI skillet in the oven at 425, then tossed with olive oil, lemon zest, thinly sliced garlic, and then some fresh lemon juice (this is a great way to do broccoli--if you haven't tried it, give it a shot).

Plated up, and finished with some sea salt flakes

LdoH385l.jpg

This was so tasty! :thumb:

The only thing that could make that any more perfect is a great big glass of your home brew Oatmeal Stout! Looks crazy-good!

Oh hell yes! I will never understand those who don't like venison. It is the most superior game. I'd eat it any day over beef, and I raise um. That looks killer. Must have been a decent size buck, got a big loin on him.

Job well done looks outstanding. Since I got my Sous Vide it's the only way I do venison backstraps and tenderloins.

The only thing that could make that any more perfect is a great big glass of your home brew Oatmeal Stout! Looks crazy-good!

definitely need to get brewing again

Oh hell yes! I will never understand those who don't like venison. It is the most superior game. I'd eat it any day over beef, and I raise um. That looks killer. Must have been a decent size buck, got a big loin on him.

Maybe they've only had poorly handled venison? I've gotten some really gamey stuff from people in the past. He was a good sized 4 pointer, but I finally got a clear shot after 4 weekends bow hunting, so I couldn't pass him up. He's definitely a tasty bugger!

Congratulations on the buck, Matt! Looks fantastic!

Thanks Jeanie!

Very nice

Thanks!

Job well done looks outstanding. Since I got my Sous Vide it's the only way I do venison backstraps and tenderloins.

First time I tried one with the sous vide...not sure I'll do it any other way. Nice and tender, and juicy.

Looks great but I’m cutting back on deer , CWD has sprung up and always been a meat hunter, may have to become a trophy hunter

Back