Halal Southern BBQ

Cris

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I just found out a Halal BBQ restaurant has opened here in Ottawa. No Pork, obviously, but beef ribs, brisket and chicken. Will probably check it out next time I am in the area. Anybody had halal BBQ? https://moesbbq.ca/

Pics and a review if it happens. Lol. Gotta love America and the diversity.

Actually, it's in Canadia...

:nod:

americas-hat2.jpg

Considering that in the South, BBQ literally means PORK, I find it hilarious that they would even consider Halal Southern BBQ. The owners must have a great sense of humor. :thumb:

Anything below their southern border is the South.

Sort of like anything south of the Wall is the South...even the North. (Damn Wildlings)

Considering that in the South, BBQ literally means PORK, I find it hilarious that they would even consider Halal Southern BBQ. The owners must have a great sense of humor. :thumb:

Umm, that's not the case in Texas.

Pinkerton's in Houston serves Halal food, and some of the Austin joints do as well.

Umm, that's not the case in Texas.

Pinkerton's in Houston serves Halal food, and some of the Austin joints do as well.

Texas is not the “south” he is referring to.
Pork is king in the southern states (not Midwest southern, but real southern ;) )

I love it when folks get down to "southern" topics and what they mean, or, who can be the most "southern". I'm from a totally neutral state by birth, Washington, so I'm not allowed to participate, but, I can watch and listen politely. I do have deep south family members, so I know what most of the discussions revolve around.

For the last 40 years or so, my home is in another neutral state, Arizona. We aren't "southern" because we were just Mexico back in the day.

We aren't Texas, and don't fall in to Texas beef traditions because, well, we aren't Texas and don't have the beef.

Mostly, Arizona is in its own category, with some close ties to New Mexico. We can't get in the middle of "that's not southern" discussions, but, we do listen with enjoyment. It also frees me up to try any sort of recipe. I don't care if its "southern" enough or not.:-D

Used by itself as a noun, BBQ is pork. Used as a verb, it's a method of cooking meat. I will eat it all if well prepared.

Then there is the flavor, BBQ, which is found in crockpots and snack foods.
I like to cook halal meats, when I find them. In my area, it's found in most stores, in some fashion. Never seen a halal BBQ restaurant. Islamic dishes are very good, the best Islamic home cook I know is Jewish.
And, as to Texas,

texas-its-like-a-whole-other-country-73778557.jpg

Z

Back