Comp prep tables

J

Jdman4x20

What do you guys use for prep tables. I have some lifetime tables but seem too low to work off of. Any recommendations?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I use two of the 4 foot adjustable height tables from Sams Club. A lot of folks use PVC pipe and make leg extensions
for the non adjustable height 6 ft versions.

Last edited:
That is what we use as well. PVC pipe if your friend to save your back.

What kind of extension do y'all use? 12" or what?

I was thinking about posting this today. Lol

What kind of extension do y'all use? 12" or what?

I was thinking about posting this today. Lol

Have two people hold the table up, and when it is just the right height, measure the height of the table-top, and cut PVC leg extensions to put the table at that height.

Everyone is different. This way, you have the perfect height for you.

CD

We use the 6" Lifetime tables that have adjustable legs. VQ always puts the legs at full extension, which is comfortable for him but makes me feel like I'm a kid that's wandered into a grownup kitchen. I always threaten that someday I'm going to set up a "midget" camp with everything at the right height for ME, everything at the first notch!

Anyway, the tables have been in service for 4-5 years, up to 28 outings per year, and they're still hanging in there, so I imagine we've got our money's worth out of them.

We use the 6" Lifetime tables that have adjustable legs. VQ always puts the legs at full extension, which is comfortable for him but makes me feel like I'm a kid that's wandered into a grownup kitchen. I always threaten that someday I'm going to set up a "midget" camp with everything at the right height for ME, everything at the first notch!

Anyway, the tables have been in service for 4-5 years, up to 28 outings per year, and they're still hanging in there, so I imagine we've got our money's worth out of them.

Do you remember where you bought the adjustable tables and how much more expensive they were?

We'd gotten them at Costco, and had seen them at Sam's, but to tell the truth I don't know if either of them has stocked the adjustable-height tables recently. I don't really remember the price difference either, other than it seemed like a good deal compared to screwing around trying to make risers.

We always use the Lifetime adjustable height tables. I got my latest tables 2 years ago at Sam's -- 4' adjustable height double folding. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the Info. I will look into the adjustable leg tables.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

We use two of each: 6' table and 4' adjustable. All Lifetimes. One 6' table is our wash station and has the PVC leg extensions, the other is our table for the Carlisle box and all BBQ tools, spices, sauces, and implements of destruction. The two 4' adjustable tables are set all the way up and put end to end. These two short tables make our work station.

I'm 6'6" and have the PVC setup. More comfortable than my own kitchen.
Down side is that if I forget the PVC, my weekend is ruined.

We'd gotten them at Costco, and had seen them at Sam's, but to tell the truth I don't know if either of them has stocked the adjustable-height tables recently. I don't really remember the price difference either, other than it seemed like a good deal compared to screwing around trying to make risers.

Thanks!

We use the following tables from the guys at Big Lots. If you watch them for sales they are available for $29-33 bucks a piece. I like them since they fold in half and I can get all three of them into the storage bins underneath on the RV or in the back seat of the SUV or CrewCab for that matter.

1 6ft piece of PVC pipe cut into 4 equal parts, or about 18 inches each raises table to exactly the same height as the shelves and storage box on the smoker. Keeps everything the same for us. Worked really well this weekend when we had to serve up 30lbs of pork loin, 5 racks of ribs, and 20 lbs of brisket and 20 lbs of pulled pork to the public. Nice and easy to work with. Highly recommend the PVC trick. It also lets us get into the big meat cooler without having to drag it out all the time. Going to put a cooler onboard the RV in the storage compartment this next year too.

Big Lots:
http://www.biglots.com/search/product/1600

A before shot with the table at normal height. Not good.
599782_4167502989923_1252124144_n.jpg

Do you remember where you bought the adjustable tables and how much more expensive they were?

I was just in Sam's in Midwest City, OK and those tables are like Wampus linked. They were $36.88 in the store.

I have two of them and used them until I got a trailer. I now use an 8' table with PVC extensions.

If you go the PVC pipe route, don't make the mistake that I did and forget that the feet of the table actually go in the extensions a few inches. I also recommend putting caps on them.

dmp

The Lifetime tables are the perfect height.

I just plop my butt down on a cooler in front of one, and PRESTO perfect height and easy on the feet and knees too!

Back