It LIVES........

Great. You like them thermos?

Zombie Cooker--farker returned from the dead

Great job. It deserves a road trip after barely evading death.

I have one that looks like that and its not very accurate.

Oh yeah.. That's what I'm talkin' ABOOOUUT :p Wish I had something like that.. look at all that real estate!

Really happy you got that rusty thang fixed and all happy again.. a happy zombie! (lol @ adams)

I have one that looks like that and its not very accurate.

Order these from Amazon - you can adjust them. If you are comparing against a Maverick you gotta keep in mind where the probes are - esp in a UDS - the center can be 25-50* hotter than the edges. Also Maverick can be off- check it and thermos in Ice Water AND Boiling Water.:thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/River-Country...037&sr=8-1&keywords=river+country+thermometer

These 2 are Old Country from Academy cuz I didn't wanna wait on Amazon- I checked them in Boiling water and they read 207*-208 * - just under 210* mark- so they are a little off but close enough.

Last edited:
Oh yeah.. That's what I'm talkin' ABOOOUUT :p Wish I had something like that.. look at all that real estate!

Really happy you got that rusty thang fixed and all happy again.. a happy zombie! (lol @ adams)

Smoker- .... $80 CL
Thermos-.... $22
Paint-..........$12
Metal -........ free --scrap from work and free use of a buddys welder and plasma cutter. :-D

I'll be doing a Brisket or 2 for the Buddy.......:heh:

I will have to do some testing on them.

Lump and first 2 splits lasted 1.5 hrs - temp had dropped to 225* -just tossed on a split.

Smoker- .... $80 CL
Thermos-.... $22
Paint-..........$12
Metal -........ free --scrap from work and free use of a buddys welder and plasma cutter. :-D

I'll be doing a Brisket or 2 for the Buddy.......:heh:

How much would that smoker be new?

:drama:
How much would that smoker be new?

They don't make them anymore -they were put out by News Brsunsfel Smoker Company here in Tx that CharBroil or Chargriller bought out 8-10 years ago ( same with Ok Joes and a few others) - they got up to $499, But were $250-$300 for several years. You can get a lil heavier clone - 3/16th steel- built for about $650.

Academy sells a knockoff by Old Country for $299

http://m.academy.com/webapp/wcs/sto..._true?N=578824977&Ntt=Old+country+pit&Ntk=All

Last edited:
Back