NY State BBQ Championship Series

Sled, we have lots in the works still, and we are working through the details, like what you mentioned. Hope to have something soon. I will keep you posted. I like the pass on trophy idea!

The Grill King belt would be perfect for this....

Looking forward to the rules... I'm wondering if you have to cook all of em in order to "play" :confused:

You already have plans that conflict with the last, don't you?:mrgreen:

The initial thought was to model it after NEBS TOY, where your top "X" scores count. We haven't decided on "X" yet. This way you won't have to compete in all the events to have a chance and you can better some of your not so good ones :).

In order to keep scores consistent, to the degree that we can, I think we have to keep it KCBS. This way we can just add up the scores. Open to other ideas, but we wanted to keep the scoring simple. Also allowing other cook-offs in would open a slippery slope, what exactly would the criteria be?

there's no such thing as 'friendly competition' anymore... doncha know. :>

back on topic... how many of the 7 do you have to cook? I'd think that 4 or even 5 would make it fair, since it IS the CHAMPIONSHIP of New York yer going after....

then... what happens if the team that wins it proudly displays a non-NY team bumper stickah on their pit? heheh

Is this going to be like "The New England BBQ Trail" ?

Based on what I know about the people organizing it.... No.

back on topic... how many of the 7 do you have to cook? I'd think that 4 or even 5 would make it fair, since it IS the CHAMPIONSHIP of New York yer going after..

I'd vote (not that anyone asked) 4 Max, ideally 3. If its 5 there will be very few teams that would qualify.

There are three comps in the west/central and 4 in the east so looking at the geography 4 seems like it would be the best. Folks in the west would have to hit one of the eastern comps. And peoples in the east could can hit a western one to better there position (the western comps are more spread out).

5 would put it out of reach for most teams, 3 doesn't feel like enough to be able to crown a "champ".

The underlining idea is to provide an incentive for teams and increase participation for all the events and I think that 4 would maximize this.

"then... what happens if the team that wins it proudly displays a non-NY team bumper stickah on their pit? heheh"

Better man up NY teams, lunchmeat is salivating :p

Shouldn't a NYS championship be open to NY teams only? Isn't that the way the PA cup works?

Better man up NY teams, lunchmeat is salivating :p

Hopefully Swamp Pit BBQ will be able to give her a run for the money:biggrin:

We are currently entered in all but one of the events, which would be oinktoberfest.

Sounds like fun!!

Shouldn't a NYS championship be open to NY teams only? Isn't that the way the PA cup works?

The New England Team of the Year is open to anyone... we welcome the competition.

Back