Update on Inkbird Thermo's. What to get?

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
G'Day Bruces :becky:

My venerable old ET732 has bit the dust. And just then I noticed I can now get Inkbirds on the Aussie Amazon website... which is a change from a few months ago.

I need probably only two probes at any one time but still not sure what to get, or even if an Inkbird is the way to go. Also Bluetooth VS WiFi or separate base unit if you can get one? How good is the phone app etc.

Dunno.

Advice please.

Cheers!

G'Day Bruces :becky:

My venerable old ET732 has bit the dust. And just then I noticed I can now get Inkbirds on the Aussie Amazon website... which is a change from a few months ago.

I need probably only two probes at any one time but still not sure what to get, or even if an Inkbird is the way to go. Also Bluetooth VS WiFi or separate base unit if you can get one? How good is the phone app etc.

Dunno.

Advice please.

Cheers!

What part of the ET732 has bit the dust?
I have a few bits and pieces here:thumb:
I also have Inkbird bluetooth and its a good product
KenInk gave me one to try and review, Loved it so went and bought another
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250689
I grabbed a 6 lead as I,m a bit careless and its good back up

Haven't been impressed with Inkbird so far. First I got a radio frequency unit that had good range, but the plastic housing fell apart despite never being exposed to heat or rain. Inkbird sent me a Bluetooth unit that works okay as long as you keep the phone app running and don't do anything else or it will drop the Bluetooth connection without warning. The app is not very good even when it is working. Haven't tried a wifi device yet.

Haven't been impressed with Inkbird so far. First I got a radio frequency unit that had good range, but the plastic housing fell apart despite never being exposed to heat or rain. Inkbird sent me a Bluetooth unit that works okay as long as you keep the phone app running and don't do anything else or it will drop the Bluetooth connection without warning. The app is not very good even when it is working. Haven't tried a wifi device yet.

I agree 100% with this. I've had mine a couple of months and it no longer provides accurate readings in addition to the app dropping connection without notice, or if you happen to come out of the app.

Got the inkbird 6x and like it, the graphing stops at times and I haven't figured out what is happing to stop it, maybe a disconnect by my phone

What part of the ET732 has bit the dust?
I have a few bits and pieces here:thumb:
I also have Inkbird bluetooth and its a good product
KenInk gave me one to try and review, Loved it so went and bought another
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250689
I grabbed a 6 lead as I,m a bit careless and its good back up

Thanks for parts offer Titch, but I've chucked it out now. And I really want a new one.

Yep, the way to go. PM KenInk to see if he has any promo codes going now.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275400

I'll try, now that Amazon is shipping these to Oz. I contacted him earlier and he said I'd be better off looking on Aliexpress. This will have changed.

Yep, so I think I want to keep this away from going down the "phone app" route, but you say the build quality of your Radio unit was crap. Bugger...

I have had the Inkbird IRF-4S for a month or so now and I love it. Much better range than my Maverick ever had. Verified it's accurate

This is my preferred choice so far. Are you sure the build quality is OK? It comes to about $80 Aussie Pesos which seems reasonable and the range means I can go over the road to the neighbors place and get hammered while leaving the phone at home! The ET 732 didn't have the range.

https://www.amazon.com.au/inkbird-W...=sr_1_1?keywords=IRF-4S&qid=1579819102&sr=8-1

Thoughts?

I bought an irf-4s last sept and it has worked good for me I like the range my cook area is in the back yard and I can walk to my front yard with it plus no more batteries to buy or look for if it dies in the middle of a cook the only problem is getting used to the ports they are not in the order you would think

Back