Yeah, I don't think so....

Busted. I get briskets under 7 lbs, pre trimmed cab beef for $3.99/lbs. From Boffs market in warren. He'll cut whatever he can off the cow for you. I'll go spend my time in pb now.

thats ok. I guessed it was Boff's.

just givin ya the business...

well the meter is running at RD

pice is now 3.34 lb about .30 jump in a day

I bought 2, that will have to last me for a while.

A local rancher here claims to have lost nearly $500,000 in beef (granted, I think he's probably talking retail dollars, not cost, but still) last year to wolves... and the state won't pay you anything for the animal unless you actually see the wolf attack it and can prove it's death was caused by a wolf.

Our elk population has suffered in similar ways due to wolves too, either being driven away from traditional migration routes or outright kills. Most of the time the wolf kills more for sport than sustenance, they love the hunt.

Unfortunately I think these higher prices at the super market create a bit of vicious circle, when the cost is higher, less is purchased leaving more to expire in the case thus creating more waste and lost profits, and that in turn makes them raise prices to recover their losses
http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/montana-fwp-wolf-population-at-627/25323444
"Confirmed livestock depredations due to wolves included 50 cattle, 24 sheep, three horses and one goat in 2013, down 27 percent from 2012 loses of 67 cattle, 37 sheep, one dog, two horses and one llama. Cattle losses were the lowest recorded in the past seven years."

About a month ago I got a call from Big Al saying he had heard because of the drought that beef prices were going to go up, so I called my butcher to put in an order for some briskets to stock the freezer. I told the woman who answered the phone what I was looking for - had been paying $3.35 / pound for prime beef - a steal in this neck of the woods. She asked me if I was sure... the price had gone up.. so I asked... how much? $4.49/ pound when she could get them. Over a buck a pound over night. Hope this drought ends soon and we get back to normal. I will pay $4.49 occasionally for prime beef, but not $4.99 for choice. And I would bet you anything these are not packers.

My prime tri tip is 5.99 a LB. looks like Ill never have to eat a briskey again

Back