Meat cutting video?

nostang88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I work as a butcher/meat cutter. Would you like to learn how to cut different meats? I can make short videos of how to trim, cut, tie. prep, de-bone different cuts. I can show you ways to save money while at the store by merchandising different cuts and getting ideas. Just a thought. I know youtube has almost everything but this would be set up for just the brethren.

Please show one cutting the Brisket from a carcass , then I can show my local Aussie Butcher :becky:

YES...

I would love to see something like that, in as much detail as you can go into.

Fantastic Idea:clap::idea::clap2::thumb:!!!!!!!
I probably won't ever cut up a carcas, but how to cut steaks and the like would be very useful to me.

KC

That sounds great. One idea is for you to pick 4 or 5 cuts you think people would be interested in and set up a poll to choose the first video.

At HEB we dont cut off of any carcas. HEB gets all their beef in cryo-vac pieces from our suppliers(sirloins,shortloins,striploins,tenderloins,ribeyes(boneless,bone-in,tri-tip,sirloin-tip knuckle, brisket,chuck roast, shoulder roast, top-round, eye-round, rump-roast,Chuck short ribs,Boneless short ribs,chuck tenders,pectoral muscle,skirt steak,flank steak,

Pork: Pork loins bone-in/boneless,tenderloin,bonelessRib-ends,RIBS,

Lamb: shoulders, Legs(boning, butterfly and tie, loin chop (bonein-out,)rib chops (loli-pop)

Chicken- Whole- de-boned whole, 8 pieces

Turducken- Yeah..

Cutting meat off off carcases is a thing of the past due to high volume shopping. Our market does close to 300k in a week and 400k during x-mas and thats just 1 of the many markets.

I would love this. I went ahead and "thanked" you, but I'll remove it if you don't follow through . . . :wink:

I work as a butcher/meat cutter. Would you like to learn how to cut different meats? I can make short videos of how to trim, cut, tie. prep, de-bone different cuts. I can show you ways to save money while at the store by merchandising different cuts and getting ideas. Just a thought. I know youtube has almost everything but this would be set up for just the brethren.

Hells yes! :clap2:

Here's my list... you're gonna be busy!

BEEF:
1. Packer Brisket
2. Hanger Steak
3. Onglet
4. Flat Iron
5. Tri Tip (Um, you're from Texas, so I hope you can still do it. From what I see it is mainly a West Coast thing)

Pork

1. Country Style Ribs
2. Bone in Pork Butt ( All the stuff we get here is boned out... I wanna see what we are missing)

I'm good with lamb, but if I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Cheers!

Bill

Here's my list... you're gonna be busy!

BEEF:
1. Packer Brisket(what do you want me to show?)
2. Hanger Steak 2and3 are the same piece
3. Onglet
4. Flat Iron easy
5. Tri Tip (Um, you're from Texas, so I hope you can still do it. From what I see it is mainly a West Coast thing) we sell about 16 a day

Pork

1. Country Style Ribs I do them 2 ways, 1.off the pork butt, or off the pork loin if you like a leaner piece of meat.
2. Bone in Pork Butt ( All the stuff we get here is boned out... I wanna see what we are missing)

I'm good with lamb, but if I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Cheers!

Bill

That sounds great. One idea is for you to pick 4 or 5 cuts you think people would be interested in and set up a poll to choose the first video.

I second this, otherwise you're going to get about 20 different requests.

Thanks for doing this.

Back