Hello from Long Island!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mornin' Wood

Full Fledged Farker
Hi all. I just realized I never introduced myself, though I've been lurking for a while.

I'm Chuck, and I've been BBQing in my backyard for a while and decided I'd like to meet some of you and give competition a try.

My wife and three little boys are on board, so that's a plus.
I've been using my Performer for years and have more recently acquired a BGE. I like it but it's sure a dog to transport. So...I did what seems natural...I decided I need to build a UDS. Picked up the drums today. Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Welocme, not sure but either you or your teammate does camping with my brother in law/sister in law Brian and Nicole

Welocme, not sure but either you or your teammate does camping with my brother in law/sister in law Brian and Nicole

Thanks, Sledneck! That's my cousin, also Chuck. I know they were just out camping a week or two ago. My family and I were up in CT checkin' things out at the competition up there. Funny, small world.

I built a UDS, and it's one of my favorite things to cook on. But I've never had an BGE.

How'd your UDS build go? I just finished banging the drums so they're round again. Trying to decide what to do about the (whitish / cream-colored) lining. It seems very...flame-retardant.

Thanks, Sledneck! That's my cousin, also Chuck. I know they were just out camping a week or two ago. My family and I were up in CT checkin' things out at the competition up there. Funny, small world.

Now it makes sense. I cooked the comp in new London ct. My bil told me to keep a lookout for you, then he said chuck was at his campground. Didn't realize it two different guys.

Thanks for the welcome!
You guys and gals are great.

For the record, here's what I have so far:
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back