Extreme Low-N-Slow On The Big Green Egg...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The last few years we have been giving smoked cheeses to our neighbors on Christmas Eve...:p

This is the ONLY time you will see Kingsford in my BGE...:shocked:

4 briqs and a chunk of apple for smoke...notice all the "K"s are face up and pointing to the right...this is very important for a proper Christmas Eve smoke...:twisted:

P1030830.jpg

P1030831.jpg

Lower vent wide open...top daisy wheel slots open...dome temp 80 degrees...

P1030836.jpg

P1030835.jpg

P1030838.jpg

This year we're smoking some Cheddar and Monterey Jack...I arrange them on a perforated pizza pan for smoking...

P1030832.jpg

P1030833.jpg

P1030837.jpg

See ya in about 30 minutes or so...:p

Very artistic arrangement!

I'm afraid that you have made one grave error, however. Lining the K's up pointing to the right is subjective. The only way to ensure proper alignment of the K's is to align them with magnetic North. With them aligned to the right you are subject to conspiracy theory attacks. Your cheese may be compromised.

How'd I do, Mr. Byte?

Actually, you are correct to point them to the right, your only mistake was not using foil. Without foil the left will surely mess it all up.:becky:

Looking forward to the results!

Very artistic arrangement!

I'm afraid that you have made one grave error, however. Lining the K's up pointing to the right is subjective. The only way to ensure proper alignment of the K's is to align them with magnetic North. With them aligned to the right you are subject to conspiracy theory attacks. Your cheese may be compromised.

How'd I do, Mr. Byte?

Actually, you are correct to point them to the right, your only mistake was not using foil. Without foil the left will surely mess it all up.:becky:

Looking forward to the results!

OMG!!! What to do...what to do...:twisted::laugh: Dayum...those pics are huge...hmmm...must have a K out of alignment...:becky: I'll see about fixin' that...

Got a couple of videos uploading...Jake The Destroyer wants to say Merry Christmas...be back in a few...:p

I am curious to know how much flavor you get out of this, would love to try it.

Jake "The Destroyer" says..."Merry Christmas Brethren"...now...where's my cheese! :p

Click on the pick...

Ready for Santa's delivery...:cool:

BGECooks013.jpg

I am curious to know how much flavor you get out of this, would love to try it.

Quite a bit actually...I do it every year at the Big Green Egg festival...usually with Gouda and Brie...folks go nuts over it! :thumb:

Quite a bit actually...I do it every year at the Big Green Egg festival...usually with Gouda and Brie...folks go nuts over it! :thumb:

I love smoked Gouda, I really need to try this. Do you use the same wood for all cheese, or do you switch it up?

...usually with Gouda and Brie...

OOOHHHHH - I can't wait wait till mine gets here!!!!

When you smoke the brie do you do wedges or an entire round? If the round do you cut off any of the rind?

I keep coming back to this, I gotta get some cheese to smoke this weekend. Anyone have any venison sausage to go with it?

OOOHHHHH - I can't wait wait till mine gets here!!!!

When you smoke the brie do you do wedges or an entire round? If the round do you cut off any of the rind?

I plank it and serve it oozing...usually a couple of small wheels per thirdeye's recipe HERE...amazing! :thumb: I also low smoke wedges (rind on) with applewood...:p

Back