KFC HOT Chicken

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Been cookng all weekend, so I decided to keep on going and cook up some Kamado Fried Chicken. Did it three different ways, seasoning/dredge, egg wash/dredge, batter (egg wash & dredge mixed together). Batter was the favorite, followed by the egg wash/dredge.

Assembled the ingredients...

XL7eBzth.jpg

On to the Big Joe...

Te9kNYDh.jpg

Done. Crispy & spicy!

FzOWehuh.jpg

Added some extra spice. Hot oil, butter, cayenne, brown sugar, garlic. Made for an extra crispy crust.

ZYfwWqvh.jpg

Outstanding! Looks like it came right out of the fryer. Fantastic looking chicken!!

You're killing it this weekend Andy, looks excellent, going todo some KFC thighs tomorrow for dinner. Plan is to season with ORBBQ Smokey Chile Lime and a dusting of HDD, may hit a couple with Franks Red Hot at the end but I hate messing with a good thing.

You're killing it this weekend Andy, looks excellent, going todo some KFC thighs tomorrow for dinner. Plan is to season with ORBBQ Smokey Chile Lime and a dusting of HDD, may hit a couple with Franks Red Hot at the end but I hate messing with a good thing.

Amen, Kevin.

Andy's been all over it and making me jealous.

I could really go for some of either his bird or what you described!

Those look great...I need to try this kettle/kamado fried thing one of these days. Did you cook them indirect? Kinda looked that way in the grill shot but wasnt sure.

Everyone's favorite was the battered chicken. Can't find House Autry's Chicken Breader around these parts, so I make due with what I can find.

Mixed the dry ingredients in one of the photos with an egg & buttermilk. Put the chicken in the batter, then onto the grill indirect at 400 until done. Crispy goodness! The Salt Lick Garlic is SPICY as hell on short cooks. It mellows out on longer cooks. Caught me by surprise the first couple times I used t.

cool

So basically fried chicken as normal - minus the frying but Plus a normal indirect 400 degree cook for 45 min or so? Also was there a lot of mess from batter drip page or no? I gotta try this.

Back