Marshall’s BBQ restaurant in Dallas ???

Blizzard

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was out driving around today and came across Marshall’s BBQ restaurant in Dallas. It’s actually in Farmer’s Branch I think, but close enough anyway.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? It was very good. Most of the time I don’t go to BBQ joints, only because they are the quality of Dickies or Ruby’s....overall just not very good.

But this place! Wow! I’m thinking of going back this week or next. Has anyone else tried the food here? What do you think?

Yelp is is a racket! Too may people that think they are food critics. But wouldn't know a perfect steak from dog food.

Hmmm. Well, I was hungry. It was 11am, right when they opened up. I had the turkey and ribs. In general I don’t like to eat brisket at bbq joints. Most everywhere I have tried it has too much fat.

I don’t know, when I left the place was getting pretty full. I’m not sure if I would agree with the Yelp reviews either.

The place was alright. Better than Dickies but you have to watch out for what you are given. They don't know the difference between flat and point or lean and moist. It was a lot better when Texas Stadium was still around and they had a steady flow of business.

Yelp is is a racket! Too may people that think they are food critics. But wouldn't know a perfect steak from dog food.

As are most internet critics(mainly trolls or just ignorant), I've seen some nice barks people called "burnt to a crisp" all because it's darker/blacker because of a rub. I've even gotten an "enjoy your carcinoma" comment on a imgur post. :laugh:

Wow, Marshall's serves BBQ now? I guess TJ Maxx will be soon to follow.

I only do cursory looks at BBQ reviews. Most people who write these reviews are idiots, but there are some decent reviews. Oddly, I mainly go by pictures they post. I'm pretty good at judging bbq from pictures, including how tender the brisket will be. Definitely run into people who have no clue about bark and complain that the sauce isn't sweet and syrupy in the Carolinas "like it's supposed to be."

Back