Buying a Used Pellet Pooper

Traegers, PitBoss' and Camp Chefs suck Smitty. I rather not have a pooper than have the three mentioned.

Traegers, PitBoss' and Camp Chefs suck Smitty. I rather not have a pooper than have the three mentioned.

I disagree. I used a Traeger and never had any problems. Great cooker. I sold it to get my 270. Loved my traeger but lacked capacity. Cooked alot of great food. Kind of regret selling it. Going to buy another one at some point. Week day cooks it comes in handy. Customer service is top notch. Walked me through getting a good smoke flavor. My wife found a rebate and they helped her get it all squared away no problem. Metal on the cook chamber is thin but never rusted. Just season it good and clean out the ash.

Traeger builds a great entry level pellet grill. You can't go wrong with a traeger.

I like the idea of the ease. BUT...I think I will wait until they improve them a bit - dependability (as in the hopper doesn't have to be watched) and better smoke flavor. Lots of new cookers coming out, but not from Weber or Broil King. When the names start making them I will pay more attention.

Just a beginner at this pellet thing. Been reading, studying, but mostly observing every post I can find across the BBQ Spectrum. Pilot Error and WiFi seem to be the biggest complaints.folks trying to make it dance differently than designed. People expecting wireless to be flawless- even when they are pointed in the right direction their response is “ok, it works but why’d they do that it’d be simpler if.....”

Mine is WiFi, I have no plans to connect. Me and my Thermapen- stir the pellets occasionally, eat good food.

Different, but a pleasant difference.

Mine is dancing just as I wanted. More frequent smaller cooks, minimal leftovers.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the ease. BUT...I think I will wait until they improve them a bit - dependability (as in the hopper doesn't have to be watched) and better smoke flavor. Lots of new cookers coming out, but not from Weber or Broil King. When the names start making them I will pay more attention.

Actually Broil King does make one but it is not available until October.
https://www.waltonsinc.com/broil-king-smoke-pellet-grill-xl

Back