MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
fuzzymusket
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Smoked apricot salmon

I impulse-bought a 3 lb filet of Atlantic salmon at the grocery store today. I've got it in a brine of equal parts cold water and apricot nectar, with a couple table spoons of salt. I only have time to brine it for about an hour so hopefully it comes out fine.

After the brine I plan to pat it dry and put it under the ceiling fan to let a nice pelicle form, sprinkle with cracked pepper and salt, and then hot smoke it with hickory and apple. After a half hour or so of smoke, I will make up a glaze with more apricot nectar thickened up with brown sugar and mop it on. I figure 90 minutes or so at 200 degrees ought to do it.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
Randy3269
is one Smokin' Farker

Sounds good. Looking forward to the result.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #3
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

I'll be watching.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:28 AM   #4
capnkrusty
Knows what a fatty is.

I love salmon and grew up in apricot country. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Old 03-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #5
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

I want to try smoking salmon so I'll be following your results. That sounds a little sweet for us, so I'll have to come up with a different glaze...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Apricot, smoked salmon