What do you put on your smoker?

Robalo1

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, It's my first post. I have been a lurker for a while and appreciate all the ideas and discussions on the board.

I have a 7 year old Klose 20x42 backyard smoker. When I bought it they said to spray the outside with peanut oil. I haven't kept up with that, but was thinking about starting. I am curious what you guys do to keep your steel smokers looking good.

Planning my first cook of the season in a few weeks with pics. Hopefully I can pull it all off.

I used pam . While it was warm I would wipe the outside down I would do this every once in a while you don't have to go crazy a little goes a long way.

Pam while it is still warm spray it on wipe off the excess.

I don't have any idea, don't have one.

But just wanted to say welcome to the forum and coming out of the Klose(t):doh:

That was soooooooooooooooo bad!

KC

X2!

It's OK to cook in the snow, it does not mind.:shocked:

Welcome neighbor!

If you have a jar of bacon grease stashed someplace... that works too -natural animal lard.

BACON!!!!!

Crisco is nice to use too. Rub it on while the cooker is cooling down but still warm. Gives a nice patina once it builds up a bit.

Thanks for the replies! Will it ever "season" like a cast iron skillet, or will it be sticky?

I gotta try that cooking in the snow sometime, maybe get some blankets for my smoker:thumb:

Back