Does anyone have a big green egg nest like this?

sandy1975

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I just bought a slightly used large big green egg and I have a nest that isn't the nest currently sold by big green egg. It may be an older model. The egg does not sit on the bottom of the nest. There is about 1/2 inch gap from bottom of nest and the egg and the egg wont go down any more. Should the egg be sitting on bottom of the nest? If so what should I do?

Attachments

• Green Egg Nest 1-29-13.jpg
    Green Egg Nest 1-29-13.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 208
  • big green egg bottom gap 1-29-13.jpg
    big green egg bottom gap 1-29-13.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 208
That is an older model BGE. The black vent has been replaced with a stainless one with a spark guard screen. It probably has the old scissor hinge instead of the newer spring hinge.

I have an old medium like that. You should be able to settle the bottom all the way down onto the nest although mine doesn't have the low cross brace between the legs, so maybe not?

The nest looks like mine, which is a few years old, but my Egg sits all the way down.

You could build the nest up in four places pretty easily. The egg comes with three little feet that you can set it on - same principal.

Thanks everyone. I am thinking I can loosen the nest up to see if it will sit down on the bottom cross bars. If not it seems to be stable as is. Do you think I can just leave as is?

Thanks everyone. I am thinking I can loosen the nest up to see if it will sit down on the bottom cross bars. If not it seems to be stable as is. Do you think I can just leave as is?

Yep, loosen and the egg should drop. Then tighten

Back