MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
jmill88
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Grillin Fools Backyard BBQ

Anyone going to be at the Backyard BBQ Bash in St. Charles, MO on October 15th? I was thinking of doing this(my first competition), but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this last year. Thanks
jmill88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
ammoore
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill88 View Post
Anyone going to be at the Backyard BBQ Bash in St. Charles, MO on October 15th? I was thinking of doing this(my first competition), but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this last year. Thanks

I'm going to go, looks like a good event to take my 5yr old son, the small pit, have a good time and give away some food to the public if I have leftovers.
ammoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
jmill88
Knows what a fatty is.

Just wanted to let you guys know that they will only have 1 round of judging this year. Last year they did two and it was difficult to time all of the turn ins.
jmill88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
King
Full Fledged Farker

I did the Bash last year, but not this year....bummer, the event is a lot closer to where I live this year. It was my first backyard contest and I did ok; 3rd in ribs, 3rd in pork steaks. It got me hooked to do more, I did 3 contests this year with excellent results.

We didn't have 2 turn-ins last year, only 1. I guess Scott made more changes because this year was suppose to be 2 rounds. However, there is a lot more to do at the St. Charles venue, it should be a good time.

Good luck to you. I may be stopping by to check it out.

22.5" Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker
22.5" Weber OTG
Weber Spirit E-310
Brinkman offset smoker
Brinkman ECB smoker (modified)
UDS (under construction)
King is offline   Reply With Quote