MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
mph33
On the road to being a farker

Default What time do you start your low and slow at night?

Testing out this new pitmaster IQ 110 tonight with an eight and a half pound butt. when you want to do a low and slow all night what time do y'all Normally start? I don't really have anything planned for tomorrow but I do have a rack of baby back ribs that I would like to smoke. tomorrow.
mph33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #2
Monkey Uncle
Full Fledged Farker

Depends on what time you want to eat. When I'm cooking a butt for dinner, I'll usually shoot for putting the meat on between 4 and 5 am. That's cooking at 250 F, unwrapped. The meat will usually be ready to come off between 4 and 6 pm. I don't do a long hold since I cook low and slow. As long as I have at least 30 minutes to let it rest and cool down a bit before I shred it, that's all I need.
Monkey Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2020, 08:35 PM   #3
STLBBQer
is one Smokin' Farker

Same timeframe as above, but I typically put mine on around 11p. I get it stabilized by midnight then catch a couple hours of sleep. I really like to wake up with the birds and some strong coffee while it’s at peak doing its thing. I also typically pull mine early afternoon and FTC it for a few hours. 5pmish dinner. Really just depends on when you want to eat.
WGA Charcoal
Spirit II E-210

PK Grill
BGW Grand Slam
Pit Barrel Cooker
Blackstone 22" Griddle
STLBBQer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2020, 11:02 PM   #4
drunkenmeatfist
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Let 'em in Sammy

If I am doing overnight then it means I want it for lunch. Put in on around 11pm at 265. I'll wake up between 7-8 and the but is usually 180+ with a hard bark. I wrap and it goes to 200+ pretty quick. Softens the bark and it goes into a cooler for a couple hours until lunch time. Turns out great every time.
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #5
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

I put my Butts on the Egg at 225 around 11:30- 12A Get up 6:30- 7A and increase the Temp to 250 and go from there
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote