MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:16 AM   #16
LordRiffenstein
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Yoeri

I would probably brine them overnight in some buttermilk with some rub or salt/pepper added. Then let them dry in the fridge and smoke them.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:54 AM   #17
Blizzard
Full Fledged Farker

I’ve smoked chicken marinated in yoghurt before. When I put the boneless skinless chicken breast on the smoker I just make sure it has a nice coating of yoghurt marinade. This actually sets and protects the chicken from drying out. Just add favorite spices to some thick Greek yoghurt (not fat free kind.)
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #18
stangman327
Full Fledged Farker

Wet brine, cook until 157, let it rest. The carryover het will allow it to rise to 165. Since I started using this technique I NEVER have dry chicken breast.

M1
Hunsaker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 propane smoker
Weber Genesis II LX S-340 Gas Grill w/iGrill probes
Lodge Cast iron sportsman's grill
Masterbuilt electric digital smoker
stangman327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2020, 08:53 AM   #19
robertm
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : ROBERT

Here's my BBQ chicken breast recipe. It's a favorite at our house. Makes juicy and very tasty meal!

BBQ chicken breast

1) Start with nice sized boneless chicken breast and pound until all is about even thickness. Not going for thin breasts, just uniform thickness.
2) Tenderize with jaccard.
3) Simple salt/sugar/water brine for 4-6 hrs
4) Remove from brine and pat dry.
5) Add rub of choice to all surfaces.
6) Smoke at 275 until internal temp 150
7) Add BBQ sauce of choice and finish at 400-500 direct heat to get grill marks and slight sauce char.
Pull at 160 and let rest for 5 minutes or so.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #20
Mike Twangzer
is One Chatty Farker

I agree with Piney and Patrick .... pound ..... marinate ....and grill ... over coals
Mike Twangzer is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #21
TravelingJ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
Thirdeye has it right IMHO.
That should just be my signature line.
TravelingJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-30-2020, 06:07 PM   #22
chargrill2369
On the road to being a farker

I have cooked them too. I find they are a bit better on a water smoker. Like a wsm with pan of water. Recently I tried a tandoori marinade. It was a nice thick coating on them when it went on to my uds. Pulled them just below temp and let them rest before eating. They turned out good.
chargrill2369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2020, 05:33 PM   #23
RandyNight
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Randy

Friend does like this, I have eaten them but not smoked myself: Coat with salt and pepper mixture, 1 part pepper to 2 parts salt. Smoke to 130, wrap in foil with pat of butter to finish. Very tender and moist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2020, 05:55 PM   #24
Greygoose
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Don

Brine and grill
Greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2020, 07:20 PM   #25
cliffcarter
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinfire View Post
What are you cooking on? here's the secret.. if your cooking on an offset, charcoal smoker of any kind. just smoke hot your still techincally smoking LOL.. cook 325-375 til you reach 155 and start watching them very closely to hit 162+.. I would always pull 165 no matter what. But they say you get 5 more degree's while it rests.. I've tried to watch for it.. never seen it happen. Brining will always be a plus for chicken breast..
This is what I have done for years, it's simple and it works.
cliffcarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2020, 08:17 AM   #26
robertm
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : ROBERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Here's my BBQ chicken breast recipe. It's a favorite at our house. Makes juicy and very tasty meal!

BBQ chicken breast

1) Start with nice sized boneless chicken breast and pound until all is about even thickness. Not going for thin breasts, just uniform thickness.
2) Tenderize with jaccard.
3) Simple salt/sugar/water brine for 4-6 hrs
4) Remove from brine and pat dry.
5) Add rub of choice to all surfaces.
6) Smoke at 275 until internal temp 150
7) Add BBQ sauce of choice and finish at 400-500 direct heat to get grill marks and slight sauce char.
Pull at 160 and let rest for 5 minutes or so.

After writing all of that I realized we hadn't made in a while. Pulled some breasts out of the freezer and followed the steps above. Came out fantastic. Pic doesn't do it justice, the chicken was amazingly tender and juicy to the last bite. If smoking, careful how much you throw at it. Chicken can be over smoked.

Thanks from:--->