mrjoe

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It's been covered in numerous threads. You bring your KCBS membership to the RD, they give you a day pass. You are allowed to visit the RD as many times as you heart is content via an unlimited supply of day passes.

This has not been told apparently to the RD locations of greater NYC. Everytime I go it's a huge hassle. They usually barely let me in then make a copy of my driver's license. I should remind them after all I am a member of a great society (KCBS), a dignitary if you will.

Today they flat out refused me entry @ Maspeth Queens location, even after speaking with the manager. I then called the KCBS, who told me RD could even call Rd corporate to confirm. Long story short KCBS, gave me the number of a big wig in the Midwest RD corporate, they were apologetic and called my local RD, to set it straight, at last I was allowed entry.

Wish they would better train their employees better but it it is what it is..Still got a nice Angus packer 12# and a food grade container for future brining. They can't keep a good Q'er down, we got tons of patience. :mod:

Last edited:
I've had the same experience in NJ. They have no idea what I'm taking about.

Yeah it's bizarre, it's like the twighlight zone..

I live in the area RD's around here are terrible with these type of things I've gone with a legitamate card for a business I worked for and been given a problem.

Even with the flyer they still act like they don't have a clue or believe you?

The new flyer even spells out what they have to do, including explaining if there is an issue they should contact the store manager.
QZ5qqEbl.png

You'd think they would want your money more than the satisfaction of turning you away........:noidea: maybe not

Call immigration and anonymously report them for copying driver's licenses and selling them to illegals. Unfounded of course, but a huge hassle for them. That'll teach 'em! :wink:

The one here in bethlehem PA is great. Never even ask for your kcbs card.

I actually lost mine with my wallet and have to get another one. I need to call the society about it.

So if you're ever near Bethlehem it may be worth the stop off before going home. Very nice people there.

They once told me, after much confusion, that they would let me in, but I was not allowed to use a credit card. Since I didn't have that much cash on me and they have no ATM, I left empty-handed.

I live in the area RD's around here are terrible with these type of things I've gone with a legitamate card for a business I worked for and been given a problem.

Wow even with a legit card...That's pretty bad...

Even with the flyer they still act like they don't have a clue or believe you?

The new flyer even spells out what they have to do, including explaining if there is an issue they should contact the store manager.
QZ5qqEbl.png

Yeah even with the voucher slip..They kept insisting the man who owned the KCBS closed out the account..People were abusing the trial according to them lol.

They once told me, after much confusion, that they would let me in, but I was not allowed to use a credit card. Since I didn't have that much cash on me and they have no ATM, I left empty-handed.

Sorry to hear, they are supposed to allow debit as well...

You'd think they would want your money more than the satisfaction of turning you away........:noidea: maybe not

:playball: I think they get too much satisfaction turning people away..Won't be the last rejection I face this week...

I have used the one in Richmond for several years now and I wrote the RD account number on my card for any of the clerks that aren't familiar with KCBS.......no problems so far.

The one here in bethlehem PA is great. Never even ask for your kcbs card.

I actually lost mine with my wallet and have to get another one. I need to call the society about it.

So if you're ever near Bethlehem it may be worth the stop off before going home. Very nice people there.
Glad to hear a positive story. Will definitely stop by if passing through. Oddly enough majority of RD people are super helpful..Just some of the gatekeepers at the counter are clueless about KCBS promo..and abrupt..

I have used the one in Richmond for several years now and I wrote the RD account number on my card for any of the clerks that aren't familiar with KCBS.......no problems so far.

Even with account# from the KCBS, and the instructions slip from KCBS, they were insistent the promotion no longer exist. My theory is in more bbq heavy areas it's more routine and those RDs are in the loop...Random but once bought a very gently used WSM 18.5 from a man in Richmond..

Go to the restaurant depot in Birmingham al.. walk in get a cart shop and leave...you need nothing. If u want to be tax exempt you need a business license other than that they could care less.. all money is green to them...

Good to hear, even with the instructions and account # these guys are clueles...Think in more bbq heavy areas they might have a better handle on it..

Go to the restaurant depot in Birmingham al.. walk in get a cart shop and leave...you need nothing. If u want to be tax exempt you need a business license other than that they could care less.. all money is green to them...

Funny thing, about 1.5 years ago, mine was like that...Just used to walk in a grab a day pass from a basket..Then one day they got all hardcore..That's when I got a KCBS bout year ago..Now they barely will accept that...

Back