MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
fijuur
Found some matches.

in and out ,too

sometimes the wife helps to make dinner and sometimes she makes it :)
fijuur is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #17
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

i cook inside and out. i make a mean bowl of cereal and toast that's to die for. i've made both outside also.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
bo_b_q
On the road to being a farker

I cook outside as much as I can. When it gets cold I get pushed inside more than I'd like. And during the week I don't always have the time unless I fire up the gasser. Sometimes I even use the crockpot!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #19
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

Inside, Outside...leave me alone...........at 1:28
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
MountainCityOutlaw
On the road to being a farker

I do everything but bake, I don't like to be exact when I cook!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #21
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

90% inside I guess.
I do most of the cooking, and I mostly cook food other than BBQ.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
JazzyBadger
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I cook almost everything from scratch, and I mean almost everything. Crackers, cookies, animal crackers, pita bread, tortillas, sourdough loaves, baguettes, boules, batards, cakes, pies, cookies, mother sauces, stocks, broths, pizza doughs, corn dogs, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, 'twinkies' blah blah blah blah blah. MOST of my cooking is done inside the house, as I do not have a ceramic cooker at this point. I'm fully utilizing this freaking kitchen every hour of everyday, even when I'm sleeping something is rising or retarding or fermenting or simmering, or whatever.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #23
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I cook in the kitchen on a regular basis. The Boss Lady gets off work about an hour and a half after me, so I usually get supper started. She normally takes breakfast duty. It easier, with five kids, if we divide and conquer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #24
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Both. I enjoy cooking in the kitchen as much as on the Webers as long as it's not meat. Most (not all) meat belongs over fire IMO, but I don't have an overwhelming desire to eliminate the stove/oven/fryer altogether.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #25
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

I too swing both ways .......
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #26
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Just to clarifty...only in reference to cooking inside and out.....
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #27
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

I do 95% of all the cooking. The other 5% is when wifey or my five year old plays sous chef for me. Usually the five year old. Inside or outside, I love cooking.

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #28
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I actually do more cooking in the kitchen than on the patio. I love to cook, and I love variety, so I'm not confined to one way of cooking.

Besides that, doing your own cooking is by far healthier, even if the food you cook isn't "health food." Processed foods and restaurant foods will kill you. A farking restaurant salad can have a thousand-plus calories. How do that do that?

I'm glad I love cooking, because I get to eat good food, and control what I put into my body. Win-win.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #29
campdude
Babbling Farker

I do all the cooking - well to be fair the in 28+ years together the wife has probably made dinner 5 or 10 times. I love cooking outside, but it's not always feasible. I fry, saute, bake, whatever. I just love to cook.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I actually do more cooking in the kitchen than on the patio. I love to cook, and I love variety, so I'm not confined to one way of cooking.

Besides that, doing your own cooking is by far healthier, even if the food you cook isn't "health food." Processed foods and restaurant foods will kill you. A farking restaurant salad can have a thousand-plus calories. How do that do that?

I'm glad I love cooking, because I get to eat good food, and control what I put into my body. Win-win.

CD
Amen!! My wife and I very rarely eat out and we eat good!!! wifey is a professional mom and i work nights so she does most of the cooking while i'm at work. on the weekends i try to do most of the cooking. If there is a weekend where i dont get to fire up my grill/smoker i start showing withdrawal symptons(mainly whining). We love soups and this is perfect time of year for them.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote