MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #106
trohrs123
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Just me.

Got some new tricks for you, Tim.
Can't wait!!

Extreme BBQ Trailer
2 Humphrey Pints and Half Pint, 2 Cubed Pints
18" WSM, Hasty Bake Ranger, Weber Performer
Old No 7
trohrs123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #107
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Butcher BBQ Class

My web site will updated today for accepting registration.

Beginner cooks and those already in the Professional Ranks, are you in need of that last bit of knowledge to take you to the elite cooker status? If so, this will be the class to take.

Butcher BBQ has received over 100 top 10 calls, with 68 being top 5 and 24 being 1st place - all during the 2011 Team of the Year race.

You will want to be in Chandler, Oklahoma on January 20-21, 2012 for a class that will consist of a complete competition cook hosted by Butcher BBQ. We will start Friday at 1pm and go over purchasing, trimming, and prepping competition meats. Supper will be provided Friday evening and the class will start back up Saturday morning with everything that happens on turn in day. We will go thru as close to turn in times as possible, answering all questions as we go. All cooking will be done on a FEC100 and a pellet grill.

Cost for the class is $500. Spouses may attend for an additional $250. Teammates and other relatives not eligible for the spouse rate. Seating is limited to allow for complete class participation and is on a first come, first serve basis.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #108
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher BBQ View Post
My web site will updated today for accepting registration.

Beginner cooks and those already in the Professional Ranks, are you in need of that last bit of knowledge to take you to the elite cooker status? If so, this will be the class to take.

Butcher BBQ has received over 100 top 10 calls, with 68 being top 5 and 24 being 1st place - all during the 2011 Team of the Year race.

You will want to be in Chandler, Oklahoma on January 20-21, 2012 for a class that will consist of a complete competition cook hosted by Butcher BBQ. We will start Friday at 1pm and go over purchasing, trimming, and prepping competition meats. Supper will be provided Friday evening and the class will start back up Saturday morning with everything that happens on turn in day. We will go thru as close to turn in times as possible, answering all questions as we go. All cooking will be done on a FEC100 and a pellet grill.

Cost for the class is $500. Spouses may attend for an additional $250. Teammates and other relatives not eligible for the spouse rate. Seating is limited to allow for complete class participation and is on a first come, first serve basis.

My teammate Ty is registered for the Cookshack Catering class-he needs an eye opening experience!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #109
4legsup
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default New Classes by 4 Legs Up BBQ

We have scheduled several new BBQ classes for this winter.

"The Art and Science of Competition BBQ" is a full competition class where we will show you how we won the World Champion at the Jack Daniels World Invitational BBQ contest, how we win an average of 6 contests per year for the last 3 years and have finished in the top 10 KCBS TOY points for the last 4 years.

The Art and Science of BBQ 101 is a hands on class where we supply the meat and you cook it on your cooker at the class. We bring in KCBS judges to judge what you cook that day so you can become involved in the judging process and find out just what they do.

To find out more visit our web site at www.4legsupbbq.com for dates and locations.
4legsup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #110
Tarheel
Full Fledged Farker

Default Tarheel Smokers Competition Class!!!

On Jan. 13th and 14th we will offer our first open competition bbq class. We are coming off of a very sucessful year this year and thought to start the year off we would offer a class. We have only done this a couple of times one on one with two other teams and they both have had very good results after the classes. This has been offered to those teams who have supported Hog Fest in Edenton for the past couple of weeks and we currently have 10 teams on the list. We will take 20 paid entries only for this class and the entry fee is $750 and includes your spouse if they would like to come. If you are interested please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and we will send you more info and an application.

Thanks,

Roy & Gay & Champ.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #111
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

NBBQA has just posted the schedule and applications for their annual conference and expo. I'll be joining Mike Mills as the opening keynote speakers for the conference. I consider this a great honor to share the stage with a living BBQ legend.

On Saturday, I'll be teaching my full competition BBQ class. $400 per seat. Signup through the NBBQA web site. http://www.nbbqa.org/

San Diego - Feb 25

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #112
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I would like to thank everyone that has signed up for my class in January. I am happy to say it has sold out in 31 days. I will leave a registration part up and if you are interested in a future class please fill it out and I will keep a file for those.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #113
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Big Poppa Smokers is proud to announce the Third Johnny Trigg master class ...Space is limited to 20 so you get real good access to Johnny....He teaches you everything he does and then some. Call 877 828 0727 for more information!
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #114
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Thumbs up

What: Swamp Boys Q School - 2 Days of Meat & Smoke
When: Feb. 10-11
Where: Winter Haven FL, Lakefront!

Swamp Boys Q School is an outdoors two day Techniques Class that I offer. We cover everything you need to know to be successful in BBQ competitions, or if you’re not into that, how to be the best barbecuer in your neighborhood! The class is appropriate for all skill levels as we start from the bottom and work up. The newer people will learn tried and true techniques that will have them smoking up the best BBQ of their lives and being the hit of the block parties. The competition guys and gals will learn the proven techniques, tips and tricks that I use to put myself in the best position to win contests. Some you may have seen, others I know you’ve never seen! Every winning technique and tip I know is shared in class, nothing is held back.

Here is a link to more info and a link to the application: Swamp Boys Q School

Class size is limited to 20.

Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #115
red jim
Got rid of the matchlight.

Iam new to the forum but have a question? I signed up for havsus 4legs up and was wondering if any butty had a comment about the class ?
red jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #116
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

He is a class champ and his champ class keeps filling
Your will learn a great deal

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #117
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

2 Day Competition Class.
March 17&18
Barrie, Ontario Canada

I'll cover everything we do BBQ from start to finish including brands of all rubs, sauces, meats etc. including our very unique Pork technique and cooking method.

The class is suitable for all skill levels from the novice to experienced.

We will be cooking on Traegers, WSM, Weber Kettle and the BBQ Guru Onyx Oven.

Please send an email if you would like an application to divaqatrogersdotcom
Please note the class is half sold out already and spaces are limited.

Checkout my new Cookbook on [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Diva-Qs-Barbecue-Recipes-Cooking/dp/0147529824"][B]AMAZON[/B][/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Life is too short for bad BBQ[/B][/SIZE]®[/CENTER]
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #118
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Paul Kirk Champion Pitmaster Class

Mason-Dixon BBQ Services is proud to announce our 1st Ever Competition BBQ Class with none other than "Living Legend" Paul Kirk!

For more information please call/email us or visit www.gonakedbbq.com and click on the Paul Kirk Class tab.

The class is limited to 30 - so don't wait!

This is a Competition Pitmaster class and we will prep/cook all (4) meats. Not only will Paul share his winning techniques he is also dedicating a portion of the class to creating and developing your own rubs! WooHoo! Attendees will be cooking on Meadow Creek, Backwoods, WSM's, BGE's, and Green Mountain pellet grills. Or bring your own Pit!

This class coincides with the Mason-Dixon BBQ Services Open House and with the Go Naked BBQ Show(down) - a no electric, back to the basics, ribs and chicken comp. We are planning on learning a lot and having a great time!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PK Pitmaster School 2012.pdf (1.39 MB, 40 views)

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #119
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Our March class has sold out.
We will be announcing another class for May.

Checkout my new Cookbook on [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Diva-Qs-Barbecue-Recipes-Cooking/dp/0147529824"][B]AMAZON[/B][/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Life is too short for bad BBQ[/B][/SIZE]®[/CENTER]
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #120
BBQBeaver
On the road to being a farker

I am glad I am in and paid, thanks again. Looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Q View Post
Our March class has sold out.
We will be announcing another class for May.

Thanks from:--->