Your WORST Box Ever! (What Not to Turn in!)

^^^^^ It's amazing that you were able to put that brisket into the turn-in box!

Hands down, the worst ever. Ashamed to post it mod:
Hell, it looks a little like pot roast.....but it's pork.:icon_blush:

Attachments

• 13th place pork.jpg
    13th place pork.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 4,466
Here's NOT a first, but a definite no no:

Brisket2.jpg

It's farking untrimmed AND upside down!:shock:

Here's some uneven, tough as nails skin and sorry arse slather on chicken.
Chicken2.jpg

These were my first boxes during a practice run at home under contest timing the week prior to my first contest a few years back. Pics were actually taken approx 15 minutes after each turn in time so we could see what it looked like after it sat a while.

Boy.. I've learned a lot since then !!

Last edited:
I'm sure I have worse, but here goes. From North KC 2007.

Attachments

• nkc2007 013 [640x480].jpg
    nkc2007 013 [640x480].jpg
    101 KB · Views: 4,421
Finally, a thread where I can compete with the pictures. This is a hot azz mess of a brisket box, I think it was from Butler 2006. I am pretty sure I was trying to bury the brisket in the lettuce.

Attachments

• Picture 913 (Small).jpg
    Picture 913 (Small).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 3,928
I have to say, i really enjoyed this thread !.. it's been interesting to see everyone's first time boxes..now i hope i didn't pick up any bad habits before this weekend !!..:lol: thanks for sharing you all !!.. when i get back, i'll have to dig up some of my first time boxes and put them on there. I think i can hang right in there with some of these pics so far !!!

I have to say, i really enjoyed this thread !.. it's been interesting to see everyone's first time boxes..now i hope i didn't pick up any bad habits before this weekend !!..:lol: thanks for sharing you all !!.. when i get back, i'll have to dig up some of my first time boxes and put them on there. I think i can hang right in there with some of these pics so far !!!
I don't think mine have improved in the last 3 years:icon_blush:

Sled, does anyone have a picture of the now famous "New Holland Dirt Chicken Box":icon_blush:?
or has all evidence been destroyed due to the statute of limitations?:confused:

Sled, does anyone have a picture of the now famous "New Holland Dirt Chicken Box":icon_blush:?
I don't know whatcha tawking about:rolleyes:

this is 13th place chicken number 3 & 4

Last edited:
And of course lets not forget about fishsticks!

Last edited:

Ask and you shall receive !!!

Aside from the rack dropping fiasco :icon_pissed, this box was also very lousy in that it was the first time ans only time I cooked thighs in competition.

Even worse when you rely on the 13th place chicken king to do your trimming. We ended up torching the few remaining ones that would not get anyone sick on a Kettle to make up for lost time. Skin shriveled up quickly.

This is a really chitty box... but the good news was that four other boxes placed worse than this one (68th of 72) :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back