Bite through chicken

I think it's completely acceptable for people to come on the forum and exchange information and ideas. We can all learn form each other to improve our cooking. There is nothing wrong with that at all. If you feel you have a secret method or technique and you want to keep it to yourself then by all means do but don't look down on others for sharing information.

I don't have a problem with people sharing information. I simply stated why many of us don't share EVERYTHING. The only time "sharing" rubs me the wrong way is if somebody takes a class then spills their guts all over the forum. To me that's a stick in the eye to the person who held the class. Is it really any different than somebody ripping the Kosmos Q DVDs and posting it on here for everyone to see? It's just sharing information right?

I think people have a tendency to overthink and mystify competition chicken. I think a common fallacy passed around on this forum is that competition BBQ in general, and chicken specifically, is something that any sane person, other than a judge, would find disgusting or too rich to eat. I think that is BS. If you are turning in chicken you don't want to eat, you are missing the boat. Most of us are judges from time to time and we want good food. Make the best chicken you know how to make. Bite through skin can win, crispy skin can win, white meat can win, wings can win... Confidence and execution are key to winning. Believe in your technique and put it in a box.

That being said, braise the sh!t out of it!

Back