Pitmaster "T"'s HnF Weeping Ribs (PRON)

neuyawk

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I decided to give Pitmaster Donnie "T"'s weeping rib recipe a go. For several reasons.
1) I wasn't all that happy with my L&S ribs.
2) High heat is easier to maintain on a big offset instead of tending the gentle L&S flame.
3) I offered to bring ribs for lunch and wanted to sleep in.

#3 is probably the greatest motivator. I must have watched Donnie's Tony Montana impression at least a dozen times. True to form I blasted my firebox with oak real hot. Toss on the ribs and waited for the foam. Now I didn't get as much foam as I'd like but eventually like magic, it went from bone dry on the surface to a sweaty weeping mess like James Brown on the video!

I then shut off all my vents and foiled up my stacks as their covers are crap.

30 mins later the probe slid through like butter. The Ribs were a hit! Juicy, Tender, Perfect. Check 'em out -

RUBBED
7454111998_389669d745_z.jpg

INTO THE DARKNESS
7454112174_fccd070d93_z.jpg

DONE!!
7454111880_bee5ea7e93_z.jpg

VALLEY OF BONES
7454111800_e3a58e5fc4.jpg

SLICED
7454112116_351ba2542e_z.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
This looks great... You did a great job.

I think these are the first ribs a guy should make that is new to making ribs OR just wants to experiment at the Baseline of what ribs can be.

I joke A LOT about these being the best ribs and I assume everyone gets the joke... yet some don't. BUT as I mention in the "Edict," this technique, is one of those easy things to master... and from there you can go your own direction.... Its just a good, easy starting point. The discovery also of what the rib does (you can see since its not in foil) is cool too... it goes from moist and flexible, to bone damn dry, making you think you have ruined it... it tightens up and then POW... it weeps.... the meat literally goes from dried out and chewy and tight to moist, tender and dripping with sweat.

Remember the Candy Glaze... surprisingly it does not take away from the taste but adds a nice sheen and retains the moisture

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2RHz7CLfY&list=UUk3LOyIOWUwD6hYtSzBoh7w&index=9&feature=plcp"]Pitmaster T Series - Big Maybelle's Candy Glaze - YouTube[/ame]

And also The Flea Powder

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IDTZPtQLSY&feature=relmfu"]Pitmaster T's Quickies Dalmatian Flea Powder for Ribs - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Pitmaster T! I'm looking forward to putting out your brisket as well. I just need a crowd willing to sample.

Guess I missed those. Nice color on them bones.

I bet there was no sauce required!

Back