New Pitmaster T's Video Recipe Series - The Laydown

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Pitmaster T Presents
base vid raw muffin_0016.jpg
THE LAYDOWN

Its time 4 the Laydown. This recipe is more about structure than what its made of. This literally means that as a BBQ Brethren exclusive release it is up to you to make your own and modify the internals (stuffing). Pitmaster T always thought the Brethren Exclusive Moink Balls were too philistine in their execution.

Video is going to be released 17 Frames from now. Pitmaster T of course has no concept of time so... frames will do. The idea came from the Pillow Chicken Muffin stuff that Myron was doing. You will see this in the video, which as always, will be something special.

:clap2:FRAME 1 - Video coming in 17 Frames:clap2:

Pitmaster T thought to myself, Pitmaster T, thats what I call himself, if Mryon can do it with a muffin pan, why not a cast iron bean pot?
base vid raw muffin_0001.jpg
base vid raw muffin_0001a.jpg
Sadly, during the making of this video, both the bean pot cracked and the trusty Flip cam I have used to make all those videos is toast.

:clap2:16 Frames until Video Release:clap2:

base vid raw muffin_0002.jpg

Deboning is a byatch but its neccessary. Here is a deboned chix all laid down and ready for spice. I have thought about using some of those boneless thighs all pounded out that Sams Sells.

Its also a good idea to skin it before beboning and set the skin aside. the skin will wrap everything up nicely.

:clap2:Frame 3 - 15 more Frames til video Release:clap2:

I like to use hot italian. It made the Laydown juicy as all get out. However, I see the brethren stuffing with my new Spanish Castle Magic, herbs and ground pork... heck anything can go in here! It's limitless!

base vid raw muffin_0003.jpg

:clap2: Frame 4 :clap2:

Here are the shots after being stuffed. As you can see it does not take much to secure this, just a few picks through the skin. Once it firms up in the Parkay, it will set.

base vid raw muffin_0004.jpg
Frame 5

base vid raw muffin_0005.jpg
Frame 6

base vid raw muffin_0006.jpg
Frame 7
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

10 more frames until Video Release

base vid raw muffin_0007.jpg
Frame 8
base vid raw muffin_0008.jpg
Frame 9
In a well Oiled Round bottomed Bean Pot, which is crucial I think to use to get the shape right, add parkay... okay... butter is in fact better.

:clap2::clap2:8 more frames until Video Release:clap2::clap2:

base vid raw muffin_0009.jpg

Frame 10

Here is the Laydown stich side up. I like to seat it in the pot then twist it a bit in the parkay. Of course you will see this in the Video Release... which will be in 7 more frames!!!​

base vid raw muffin_0010.jpg
base vid raw muffin_0011.jpg

Frames 11 and 12

These frames show the mass in the smoker and simmering in its buttah a bit.

:mad2::mad2:Frame more frames to go until the Video Release:mad2::mad2:

base vid raw muffin_0012.jpg
base vid raw muffin_0013.jpg

Frames 13 and 14

Here we see the Laydown set up nice and cooked to firmness, at least enough to be able to remove the contents of the pot into a colander and then place back on the grill.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:Three MORE FRAMES UNTIL VIDEO RELEASE!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

base vid raw muffin_0014.jpg
Frame 15

Skin Up/Stitch down... ready to smoke then glaze.​

base vid raw muffin_0015.jpg
Frame 16

After a piece of time - glaze - then more time. Just about ready to pull.

Video Release in a mere Frame!!!!!

Looks great so far. I think its a little too involed with prep and process to make a run at the bacon wrapped meat balls. But I agree, there needs to be another "Moink Ball" type thing out there. Bet that thing tasted awsome.

No what I mean, and the more Official Moinks I make the more I appreciate their simplicity, I think the brethren needs a platform like the fatty to call their own. Armadillo Eggs, Fatties, Bacon Explosions, all not a brethren invention (unlike the Moink) but the Laydown... Uniquily ours... with plenty of room to improvise... I think the Laydown needs to have a few constants, one is, it has to be fowl - hold it.... pounded out and tenderized pork stuff with stuff and covered in Turkey or Chicken skin???HmM) the other it it needs to be bound by skin, and third, it has to be smoked.

What one needs is a good butcher who will debone a chicken for ya, or a source of skin, whole skin.

Do I see a Laydown Throwdown coming????????????????

He's back.
Can you clarify this.... I see the brethren stuffing with my new Spanish Castle Magic, herbs and ground pork... heck anything can go in here! It's limitless!....
jon

I do not understand this. Wtf is it about?

Welcome to the forum. I am Popdaddy, Barbefunkoramaque and Pitmaster T. It should all be clear now.

jon. Spanish Castle Magic is not out yet but it will be very special. However, what I mean is I just stuffed a chicken with sausage.... the brethren can stuff it with anything they like... it just has to be cooked like a giant Mryon Mixon Pillow Chicken.

This was not only instructive, and hilarious (I lmbo, and then had to watch it again!), but so stinkin' creative as to render me momentarily speechless. And that, as I'm sure you're all finding out, is pretty farkin' hard to do. lol I swear, this forum has so many incredibly talented people, I just don't know which way to look first. I'm surrounded by greatness!! :hail:

Bravely bold Pitmaster Rode forth from Jacks Old South.
He was not afraid to die,
Oh the brave Pitmaster.
He was not at all afraid To be killed in nasty ways.
Brave, brave, brave, Pitmster T.

He was not in the least bit scared To be mashed into a pulp.
Or to have his eyes gouged out, And his elbows broken.
To have his kneecaps split And his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled the Brave Pitmaster.

His head smashed in
And his heart cut out
And his liver removed
And his bowls unplugged
And his nostrils raped
And his bottom burnt off
And his pe....

Uh, That's enough song lads... there's BBQ afoot.

This was not only instructive, and hilarious (I lmbo, and then had to watch it again!), but so stinkin' creative as to render me momentarily speechless. And that, as I'm sure you're all finding out, is pretty farkin' hard to do. lol I swear, this forum has so many incredibly talented people, I just don't know which way to look first. I'm surrounded by greatness!! :hail:

PM me and maybe I might open some of my Old "Chili Sauce" stuff I had to take off when I became a teacher.

Back