• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

cook time

phil c

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Any idea what an appox. cook time for a 2 lb.(meat weight) fatty would be at around 250f? 2 1/2 - 3 hrs?
Just thinkin about a breakfast fatty for this weekend and tryin to plan for lack of sleep.
Thanks!

That sounds like a good estimate. I would start checking temperature around 2hrs though in case it gets done earlier. If it is done early you can always wrap it in foil to keep it hot.

I say sleep in. Rub it and cook it naked at 275* for an 1-2hrs. till it hits 165* int. Leave it long and skinny to cut down on the cook time.

IMG_1531.jpg

Cut some slices, fry them up a little, place on toasted and buttered English Muffin, top with over medium egg and cheese. Hot sauce optional. I recommend Melinda's Extra Hot. Save what you don't use of the fatty for some ABT's.

Whatever you decide to do I think you should post some breakfast pron. :thumb:

Sorry, was that TMI?

I say sleep in. Rub it and cook it naked at 275* for an 1-2hrs. till it hits 165* int. Leave it long and skinny to cut down on the cook time.

IMG_1531.jpg

Cut some slices, fry them up a little, place on toasted and buttered English Muffin, top with over medium egg and cheese. Hot sauce optional. I recommend Melinda's Extra Hot. Save what you don't use of the fatty for some ABT's.

Whatever you decide to do I think you should post some breakfast pron. :thumb:

Sorry, was that TMI?

I like the way you think :thumb:

Thanks guys!

Fingerlicken, Cook it naked,? without a wrap of sweet succulent BACON???????????? Why, I think that just sounds like, well , but, THATS JUST WRONG!!! Thats the kind of thinkin that those commies are just waitin for. First no bacon then the next thing you know...NO AMERICA!!!!
I think you better do a day of bacon pennance to make up for your transgressions.

Back