MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Default Naturiffic Rib Eye with X-Salt

So, I was honored to test SirPorkALot's new salt.

My weapon of choice: The Rib Eye

A nice 16 oz boneless beast:

Sprinkled the X-Salt on it:

Because the sear unit on my gasser is on the fritz, I use a comal for searing.

Finishing it on the grill:

Served up with a little mushroom topping and some haricot verts:

The review: I agree that the salt tastes something like Montreal Seasoning, but it isn't overpowering like Montreal. The best way I can describe the taste is that it "brightened" the flavor of the ribeye. I don't know what SirPorkALot used for the spice mix, but it's probably from another dimension, or illegal in 32 countries.

I have a little left, and I *might* do another test on a different piece of meat.

By the way, the only ding the salt took was from my son. He thought it was too salty. I am on a restricted sodium diet, so if any one would be sensitive to that, it would have been me. Jennifer and I discounted his comments.

Thanks from: --->

Old 07-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
SirPorkaLot
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
So, I was honored to test SirPorkALot's new salt.

My weapon of choice: The Rib Eye

A nice 16 oz boneless beast:

Sprinkled the X-Salt on it:

Because the sear unit on my gasser is on the fritz, I use a comal for searing.

Finishing it on the grill:

Served up with a little mushroom topping and some haricot verts:

The review: I agree that the salt tastes something like Montreal Seasoning, but it isn't overpowering like Montreal. The best way I can describe the taste is that it "brightened" the flavor of the ribeye. I don't know what SirPorkALot used for the spice mix, but it's probably from another dimension, or illegal in 32 countries.

I have a little left, and I *might* do another test on a different piece of meat.

By the way, the only ding the salt took was from my son. He thought it was too salty. I am on a restricted sodium diet, so if any one would be sensitive to that, it would have been me. Jennifer and I discounted his comments.
Thanks for the review!

I am quite amazed at the number of reviews that are comparing it (favorably) to the "Canadian City Steak Seasoning", considering the only two ingredients they share are salt & pepper.

Our goal with this product was to make a simple seasoning that could be used across a variety of grilled and barbecued meals and would allow the food to speak for itself.

So your review hits home for me.
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
naturrific, ribeye, salt, sirporkalot, steak, X-Salt