MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #3181
NC Native
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : NC Native

Always down for a day trip to the beach, you've got my attention.
NC Native is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019, 07:53 PM   #3182
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

DO IT!!!!

The separate thread I mean, your already going through with the bbq joint.

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #3183
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Smoker View Post
Good news brethren! The landlord agreed to a tentative agreement on the property yesterday. Looking like a lease will be signed early next week. I will start a new post once it does get signed ;) unless y'all want a teaser of the menu
Start a new thread...........anything else here and it just looks like you are mooching as a newb on something that was great
3 Hunsaker Drums
Big Green Egg XL
Pitboss Copperhead 5
Pitboss Whiskey Still
Pitboss Tailgater
Jason TQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-28-2019, 06:43 AM   #3184
Stingerhook

Name/Nickname : Marty

Looking forward to following the new thread.

UDS now resurrected, Square Chicken Cooker, Green 22" Kettle, Stok Tower Grill & Barrel Grill, Stealth WSM 18", Char Broil Kamander
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2019, 10:52 AM   #3185
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
Start a new thread...........anything else here and it just looks like you are mooching as a newb on something that was great
Agree

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #3186
Yambor44
Got Wood.

Agree. Start your own thread.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:58 PM   #3187
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post

I agree it should be a new thread. Easies to follow individual stories rather than everyone's being in a single thread.
Rockinar is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #3188
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

It's been a while, hasn't it? So a quick update since rumors are spreading like wildfire online...

I bailed on the venture at Coach's. Owners never did provide me with the right tools, the larger smoker they promised me, compensation promised, and so on. In fact I caught wind a few months ago that NHG was considering selling the building entirely, so I began to explore my options. In the meantime I took a position at Journeyman Distillery not far from here. Cooking, but not BBQ this time.

Meanwhile, I was casually talking about opening the Prized Pig again with a friend who has always expressed interest in being a financial backer for such an endeavor. It just so happens that a restaurant space just opened up that we were both very familiar with and he did the legwork to see about taking it over. We're just awaiting approval from the city regarding the smoker location/installation. Get a green light there and we'll have the keys this week.

It's largely turnkey, but some construction will be required for the smoker, and some kitchen equipment will need to be swapped for other items to work with the BBQ concept, but a late summer opening is looking obtainable.

It's going to be very much like the original, same name, logo, food, etc. Major difference is it's a bigger place, full bar and liquor license, and a downtown location and not out in the rural sticks. And lots of lessons learned, hopefully no repeated mistakes, and a successful outcome.

Yes, I think I'm crazy doing this again, but it's always been in the back of my mind to get it open again and it looks like now is the time. As more details become sharable I will be sure to update them here.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #3189
Stingerhook

Name/Nickname : Marty

Congrats and good to see you around. Looking forward to the updates.

UDS now resurrected, Square Chicken Cooker, Green 22" Kettle, Stok Tower Grill & Barrel Grill, Stealth WSM 18", Char Broil Kamander
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #3190
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

He’s BACK !!!

Nice to see ya, hope the city approves!

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #3191
food4thot
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Best of luck with the re-start!

Old 06-23-2019, 05:15 PM   #3192
twatsonr1
Full Fledged Farker

Good luck sir!!

Old 06-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #3193
blade
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Good Luck with the new place.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:43 PM   #3194
Taylormade
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

feelings inside... along for the ride!

Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #3195
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
It's been a while, hasn't it? So a quick update since rumors are spreading like wildfire online...

I bailed on the venture at Coach's. Owners never did provide me with the right tools, the larger smoker they promised me, compensation promised, and so on. In fact I caught wind a few months ago that NHG was considering selling the building entirely, so I began to explore my options. In the meantime I took a position at Journeyman Distillery not far from here. Cooking, but not BBQ this time.

Meanwhile, I was casually talking about opening the Prized Pig again with a friend who has always expressed interest in being a financial backer for such an endeavor. It just so happens that a restaurant space just opened up that we were both very familiar with and he did the legwork to see about taking it over. We're just awaiting approval from the city regarding the smoker location/installation. Get a green light there and we'll have the keys this week.

It's largely turnkey, but some construction will be required for the smoker, and some kitchen equipment will need to be swapped for other items to work with the BBQ concept, but a late summer opening is looking obtainable.

It's going to be very much like the original, same name, logo, food, etc. Major difference is it's a bigger place, full bar and liquor license, and a downtown location and not out in the rural sticks. And lots of lessons learned, hopefully no repeated mistakes, and a successful outcome.

Yes, I think I'm crazy doing this again, but it's always been in the back of my mind to get it open again and it looks like now is the time. As more details become sharable I will be sure to update them here.

Best of luck to you, and remember - no matter what happens, we got a killer pickle recipe out of the deal.

Seriously though - hope the next leg of your journey goes great! You've inspired many here - some to open a restaurant, and some to not open a restaurant! Your tenacity and drive are to be commended. I hope to eat at your place one day.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"We have it totally under control"
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote