Pulled Beefy Goodness!

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Sigh... Pulled pork better watch the fark out!!! Tried Pulled beef today for the first time!!! It's sooo good! I smoked it with some almond wood (hot smoke @ 300˚, foiled at 165˚) while I was working on my build. The 4.5# chuck roast took about 7.5 hours to reach 205... Made it sit for 30 mins and pulled it! After having a couple fork-fulls by itself I decided to have some "broughtupsy" (manners) and made myself a sandwich (no shots of that though). But it's some good farking stuff! Thanks for the help in my other thread. The belly and I truly appreciate it! :thumb:

Cheers!

Attachments

• screen-capture-261.jpg
    screen-capture-261.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 347
  • screen-capture-260.jpg
    screen-capture-260.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 344
  • screen-capture-262.jpg
    screen-capture-262.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 347
  • screen-capture-264.jpg
    screen-capture-264.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 345
  • screen-capture-265.jpg
    screen-capture-265.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 346
  • screen-capture-266.jpg
    screen-capture-266.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 349
  • screen-capture-267.jpg
    screen-capture-267.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 346
Looks like somebody's gonna enjoy that sandwich... Great looking shreds of beef there!

Thanks guys!! Wanted to do some Tacos with them, but the wife had passed the store when I called her. Oh well.. the sandwich was damn good! :thumb:

Cheers

Make me want to try this again. My attempts have not turned out as well as yours looks, nice!

Man with the build and the cooks you got a lot of jobs going Brother. You must be Jamaician!:becky:

Looks fantastic. I have never tried that before but looking at your pron I will definitely have to give it a try. Wish I had a smellaputer :laugh: , you know, Emerils smellavision.

That looks delicious I've never done one of those now I know what I'm doing this weekend. What did u use for a rub?

That is awesome! Now I want pulled beef. Ugh, so many cravings so little time to que, so much waist expanded already. :heh:
Great job! :thumb:

Looks Phantastic!
What did you rub it with?

I used my own beef rub on this.. (I need to name it...:confused:) Anyways its basically: kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, chili pow, fennel, and some italian seasonings...

Cheers

clayq's pulled beef recipe is real good. i usually follow it... (this recipe uses an egg, but any smoker will do)

INGREDIENTS:
3 Choice chuck roasts
10 Strips of good bacon
1 cup About a cup of tomato based BBQ sauce
1/3 cup Real maple syrup
2/3 cup Water
1 Tbs Dizzy Pig Cow Lick
3 Tbs Peanut oil

Preparation Directions:
1 Set the beef out on the table and rub with peanut oil and then spice, (Dizzy Pig Cow Lick).
2 Fire up the egg and stabilize at 250 degrees dome. Be prepared for an 8 hour cook. Set up is indirect, platesetter feet up, grid on platesetter, drip pan and v rack on grid. At this time leave the grid off.
Cooking Directions:
1 Stage one; Set beef on v rack in pan with a little water or beer in pan. Lay bacon on top of beef. Lift platesetter enough to throw a handful of hickory chips on burning lump. Place grid in egg and set in the pan with beef. Cook for about 5 hours and when beef is 160 internal remove from egg.
2 Stage two; In a No.12 Dutch oven, oil inside with peanut oil, remove bacon from beef and lay across bottom of Dutch oven. Carefully lift beef off of rack and place in Dutch oven. Pour the maple syrup and water over beef. Making sure the meat probe is inserted in the meat, put the lid on and return to the egg and set on top of platesetter after removing grid. Be careful not to have the dome temp over 250. Cook for about 2 hours, until beef is 215 internal and remove from egg.
3 Stage three; Set the beef out on a tray to rest while you drain the beef juice from the Dutch oven into a container. Place the container in the freezer to chill so that you can skim off the fat later. Discard bacon. Trim any fat you find on the beef and start pulling with a fork. Remove gristle and fat as you pull. Return pulled beef to Dutch oven and add your favorite sauce. Taste test. Now skim fat from juice and return juice to the beef. Taste test. Ok, let’s go back to the egg. Lift platesetter and throw hickory chips on burning lump and return Dutch oven to smoke with the cast iron lid off. Cook for about 1 and ½ hours. Maintain a dome temp no higher than 250.
4 Special Instructions:
5 Stir and serve on soft hamburger buns with pickles on the side. This is a treat that brings together great beef flavor, sauce and hickory smoke. Let’s eat!

Recipe Type
Dutch Oven, Main Dish

Recipe Source
Author: Clay Q Source: BGE Forum, ClayQ, 03/06/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Back