MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #61
White Dog BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
EDIT: I just went back to look and noticed that the Sam's Club events are mentioned as being included, and then specifically excluded, but there is mention of a DSM event.

For those who missed it, there's a big list of dates in tonights meeting agenda:

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=439

dmp
The Sam's Club events aren't listed there now. Is there a definitive list out anywhere? I'd love to know if they are doing Pittsburgh, PA again.

1x 14.5" WSM
1x 18" WSM
1x Red Weber Performer
1x Blue Weber Performer
1x Weber 22.5" OneTouch Silver
1x Weber Genesis Silver B
White Dog BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #62
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Sorry Mick. My company has an office in Des Moines (DSM), which is why I am used to abbreviating it, and also why I am interested in events there. Sam's Club events were discussed in closed session, but three have already been approved. One more, (Des Moines) was mentioned and passed without notice of date. At another point in the meeting, it was mentioned that 31 events were discussed during closed session, and later approved. That is either 34 Sam's Club events (3 + 31) or 31, but in either case, there will be more this year than last, and four of the cities have been published. I'll anxiously await the full list.

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #63
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

I could be wrong. That could be 31, or even 34, total events including regionals and Bentonville. Maybe less, maybe more, but like I said, I'll wait now for the announcement and hope there's a local close enough to me. There were three last year!

dmp

Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #64
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I could be wrong. That could be 31, or even 34, total events including regionals and Bentonville. Maybe less, maybe more, but like I said, I'll wait now for the announcement and hope there's a local close enough to me. There were three last year!

dmp
Then this won't bode well with you. It's from the KCBS website:

"The Sanctioning Committee recommends approval of all new and existing contests listed in the December New/Change Request Report with the exception of the Sam's Club Des Moines, IA contest and the new Grandview, MO. We questioned the density of teams for both locations."

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #65
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

I was reporting what was discussed in the meeting last night. They talked about all the dates (presumably including DSM) in closed session, but when they came out, they voted to approve all of them including DSM.

Thanks,

dmp

Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #66
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I was reporting what was discussed in the meeting last night. They talked about all the dates (presumably including DSM) in closed session, but when they came out, they voted to approve all of them including DSM.

Thanks,

dmp
That's cool, sorry, just posting what I saw on their website. I'm hoping for one in my area too.

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #67
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I gotta see who signs up for the one in DSM. I might just try to judge that one , depending on the dates. There's enough top-notch teams in Iowa that this could be one of the toughest comps around .
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #68
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Lots of good teams in the area. I was paying close attention to Smokin in the Junction since my company's office is in West Des Moines, but it's a Sat-Sun contest, and my closest local comp is the same weekend. I'm really hoping this one fits into my schedule better, but I'm gonna be up there for the World Pork Expo in June too, so gotta see where everything fits! Depending on where else they have a Sam's event, DSM would likely be my secondary location if it doesn't fill up.

dmp

Old 12-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #69
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
EDIT: I just went back to look and noticed that the Sam's Club events are mentioned as being included, and then specifically excluded, but there is mention of a DSM event.

For those who missed it, there's a big list of dates in tonights meeting agenda:

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=439

dmp
Not one single solitary KCBS event in the Pacific Northwest...freaky!
MAK 1 Star General...
MAK 2 Star General...
MAK 3 Star General...the one to rule them all!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #70
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Within a 100 mile radius of Seattle, there are less than 5 Sam's Club. There are more Costco's than you can shake a stick at in the same area. Where I live in Plano, within a 20 mile radius there are more than 15 Sam's club. This includes the new "Double Deck" Sams/Walmart configuration with a liquor store and gas station, covered parking, elevators, valet parking, etc.. There is not a contest at a Sam's in my area either. Bang for the buck.
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #71
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Double Deck Sam's Walmart
That is a interesting

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #72
quarters69
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : quarters

Anybody know if the board passed the SAMs comps?? If so when do you think it will be released??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quarters69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #73
arrowhead
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarters69 View Post
Anybody know if the board passed the SAMs comps?? If so when do you think it will be released??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the board quick notes said the 2012 contests were approved, but no mention of when the dates will be released.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #74
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomEmery View Post
Double Deck Sam's Walmart
That is a interesting
Three Parking level, two are covered. Walmart on the top deck and a Sam's on the lower level in an L shaped configuration. Gas station for both along with a liquor store with the lowest prices in town (Dallas). The wave of the future.
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->