MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default New Holland Summer Fest (8/24-25) New Holland, PA (KCBS)

Just got the New Holland Summer Fest 2007 entry form in the mail. They had a number of teams on the waiting list last year that didn't get to cook because they were totally full. If you want to cook at New Holland this year get those entry forms in with your checks as soon a you can so you don't miss out. We enjoyed this contest very much last year as it is very cooker friendly.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
Kirk
Babbling Farker

Thanks for the heads up Guy. I've been looking every day on their website for the entry form but they haven't updated it yet. I just shot them an email with my home and email addy's. Hopefully I can get in before it fills up.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
MilitantSquatter

I got my application in the mail today... will mail back soon.

If I recall reading it correctly, April 1st is the deadline for returning teams to get a guaranteed spot with a paid application. After that it would be opened up for first time applicants if spots remained from the max of 72 teams. I recall last year submitting an e-mail request for application quite early (Feb/March) and not getting the application until mid April. Luckily I mailed in the check that week and got a spot.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
SmokeInDaEye

Ok. I emailed them as well. Will sit and wait until April I guess since I didn't compete last year. Welcome back from France or where ever the heck you were Vinny!
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I mailed my entry in today. The price went up $25 dollars but they say they are going to raise prize money. No prettiest pig this year.

20 x 20 space $175
Electricity $35
Extra Space $50
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #6
Kirk
Babbling Farker

Oops, I missed where it said 35 for electric and mailed a check for the basic entry fee only. If I get in I'll have to fix that. Thanks Steve.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
SmokeInDaEye

I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list.

Have to wait until April 1 to see if any returning teams drop off.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis

Old 03-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #8
Sawdustguy

NHSF is one of the nicest events we cooked last year. Mel Stolfus runs a great event. Our own Vinny (Millitant Squatter) had their best showing of the season (they were 10th out of 72 teams) and Rich Decker of Lost Nation Smoke Company won Grand reserve Championship. We (the Polocks) had an off day coming in 20th out of 72 teams. It was tremendous fun.

Stupidity for Dummies

Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Anybody need help i would like to offer my services
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy
NHSF is one of the nicest events we cooked last year. Mel Stolfus runs a great event. Our own Vinny (Millitant Squatter) had their best showing of the season (they were 10th out of 72 teams) and Rich Decker of Lost Nation Smoke Company won Grand reserve Championship. We (the Polocks) had an off day coming in 20th out of 72 teams. It was tremendous fun.
I've heard nothing but great things. Fingers crossed five teams don't return but it seems like a long shot. I have a call into Tonya Harding just in case...

Old 03-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #11
The Anchorman
is One Chatty Farker

Really? 72 teams are already signed up? FARK! I wanted to added this contest to our schedule this year. How does one get on the waiting list, please help!
Ray

BWS Party, Chubby, WSM, 4 Kettles, 3 Performers, 1 Smokey Joe Platininum, Weber Genisis B, 2 Grey Thermopens
KCBS CBJ
The Anchorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anchorman
Really? 72 teams are already signed up? FARK! I wanted to added this contest to our schedule this year. How does one get on the waiting list, please help!
Ray
I'm looking forward to returning to New Holland. A great setting and well run event for teams, judges and the public.

Ray... Just to clarify...There were 72 teams last year. They are giving first right of refusal so to speak to last years teams if they send in the applications by April 1 before opening it up to new teams. If you want to get on the "waiting list", you'll need to send in your application and check now and I'm guessing they'll hold it until April 1 to see which of last years teams do not send in the application and then move to the waiting list roster.

I guess you're in the same boat as me trying to get into Harpoons 40 spots that always go to last years teams first.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 03-04-2007 at 06:28 PM..
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #13
Kirk
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye
I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list.
Really? I requested an app as soon as they were available, mailed it back out the same day it got to my house and I've received no such notification. I know they got it because I've since been in contact with the organizer.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #14
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anchorman
Ray
Here's what the site said...We will accept completed forms and money and hold them until after April 1st. You must send money in form of cash check or money order to be considered. We will sequence as we recieve them and then after April 1st we will notify you whether you have made the magic list of 72. If you don't then we will return your check.

http://www.nhsummerfest.org/forms.html
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #15
Sawdustguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter
I'm looking forward to returning to New Holland. A great setting and well run event for teams, judges and the public.

Ray... Just to clarify...There were 72 teams last year. They are giving first right of refusal so to speak to last years teams if they send in the applications by April 1 before opening it up to new teams. If you want to get on the "waiting list", you'll need to send in your application and check now and I'm guessing they'll hold it until April 1 to see which of last years teams do not send in the application and then move to the waiting list roster.

I guess you're in the same boat as me trying to get into Harpoons 40 spots that always go to last years teams first.
Vinny, have you seen an application for Harpoon yet?

Stupidity for Dummies