MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Brinkmann Trailmaster....Vertical?!

Saw this on Home Depot website today...

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Brinkmann-V...3-S/203703110/

Just thought I'd share..

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 AM   #2
CulinaireZaken
Found some matches.

Default Brinkmann Trailmaster....Vertical?!

It's nice!
CulinaireZaken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
LM600
Full Fledged Farker

Liking the look of that.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thin tin and drafty as a screen door on a Submarine.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
nthole
Babbling Farker

Cool idea if it was made in the US out of real metal instead of foil in China. Looks like a round version of the old bandera.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

It can't be any worse than the horizontals they have sold...

"Bludawg's" description is a suitable analogy. LOL
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

I was thinking the same thing. Can't be that good since its a Brinkmann. With mods it could probably be an "ok" rig but I would rather just steal the design and make one out of an old air tank. I like the idea and the design because its similar to a Bandera but the brand name badge just ruins it.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbassman5 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Can't be that good since its a Brinkmann. With mods it could probably be an "ok" rig but I would rather just steal the design and make one out of an old air tank. I like the idea and the design because its similar to a Bandera but the brand name badge just ruins it.
I think Bludawg probably nailed it, but I could see the design work if you had a 24" diameter 1/4" wall thickness tank, built a proper door or two that actually sealed and maybe an oversized firebox that could double as a grill top. One problem I see with these designs is they are frequently to small in diameter to even hold a rack of ribs on the cooking grates forcing you to hang stuff - thats probably OK, but just not my style.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
sknabnoj
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

I know this is an old thread but, I wanted to give you all an update. While yes, it is not the most expensive smoker on the block, I have used it for a few months now and I have really come to love it. I think that while the cheap horizontal offsets are not worth the hassle, this offset vertical really aleviates some of the cheap manufacutring problems. With a few mods to the door, this thing really holds heat well and doesn't leak at all. I think since heat and smoke want to travel up anyway, it really doesn't matter how thin the metal is. Sure it could be better but, for the price... if someone is looking for a budget smoker, this should be on the short list. Finally, a full rack of ribs does fit on the grates, plus a ton of pork butts :)

Last edited by sknabnoj; 10-07-2013 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: Misspelling
sknabnoj is offline   Reply With Quote