MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
prtsmgr
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Perfect Flame SLG Series Gas Grills Recall

I thought this was old news, but it was just published in today's LA Times

If you bought a Perfect Flame grill at Lowes between Sep 2005 and May 2009 you should check this link:

PHP Code:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10043.html 
prtsmgr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
Appianway
Found some matches.

Default Perfect flame = perfect junk from China

My perfect Flame gas grill looked great from the outside! Paid 499.99. After the first year the tubes inside started to rot out, leaving me with all the heat at the back of the grill were the flame flowwed out easily. Also the grills themsselves rusted after the first summer!!! Glad I researched it on the internet and found the recall for the tubes. Mine had five of them. There is a recall in which the company that imported this junk from China will send you new tubes. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE BRACKET THE TUBES ATTACHED TO ROTTED OUT AFTER ONE YEAR!!!! I tried calling the company handeling the tube replacement and NEVER WAS ABLE TO GET MY CALL THROUGH!

These tubes were NOT made of stainless Steel !!

I went to Lowes, explained the problem and the Manager gave me 80% of my purchase price in a gift card toward a NEW grill. Needless to say I bought a MADE IN AMERICA, STURDY WEBER Grill. Lowes even picked up the old one at my home for no charge!

Thats what I call taking care of the customer!!!!!!

If you have one of these on you property, PLEASE read about it on the Internet and check your Serial Number against the dangerous models. Some have caused property and personal damage. Over 600,000 were imported to the U.S.

If you Got it at Lowes, let them know. I first went to the Lowes Website and contacted their customer service dept.

Lowes get an A+ from me for customer service.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lowes1.JPG (193.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg lowes2.JPG (198.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg lowes3.JPG (120.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg lowes4.JPG (118.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg lowes5.JPG (174.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg lowes6.JPG (197.3 KB, 35 views)
Appianway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
Wallaby
On the road to being a farker

Thanks for the heads up. I cleaned mine up a couple of weeks ago and noticed how rotted the flavor bars were, went to use the other day and the burner was rotted and broken.

Mike

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
Appianway
Found some matches.

Default followup

Wallaby,

evidently the tubes had magnesium in them which can ignite! Also, there is no way to clean the btm inside where all the grease falls. I just assembled the Weber expresso, i think model 210. Whats nice is the drip tray is on a slide underneath the grill. So you can take it out and clean it. Its also STAINLESS STEEL. This is a great improvement to gas grills. My friends told me to only buy a WEBER and they are right. I also like the idea of buying an American Made product. Made in Illinois.

If your model number is one listed at the consumer protection site, contact lowes via their 800 customer service number and tell them you want a pro-rated refund toward a new grill.

happy grilling!!!! enjoy the spring!
Appianway is offline   Reply With Quote